1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not A Hate Crime This Time

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Not A Hate Crime This Time

This time it's not being called a "hate" crime but, rather, just a "regular" crime or, in this case, a "spontaneous" homocide. No ham was thrown on a table but a man was beat to death.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

That wasn't the only "Juneteenth" crime problem reported in the news this week:

Milwaukee Police say a 33-year-old man has a broken tooth and cuts all over his face after a group of teenagers pulled him from his car and beat him following Milwaukee's Juneteenth celebration.

Meanwhile, a few blocks away a group of girls started fighting. When police went to break up the fight near 1st and Auer, the department says a 17-year-old girl started punching and kicking a 15-year veteran officer.

Police say there was also a fight earlier in the day in the 3000 block of north 1st Street. In that case, three women were fighting. Police say a 15-year-old boy tried to break up the fight when an 18-year-old man got involved in it.

According to police, the 18-year-old got angry, walked away and told the boy he was coming back with a gun. The 18-year-old did in fact return with a gun and fired five shots into a crowd where the boy was standing. The 15-year-old's 39-year-old uncle was hit in the shoulder. He was treated and released from a local hospital.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/8092297.html

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Black guy gets killed in a white bar, "hate crime."

White guy gets killed in a black bar, "worst case of suicide we've ever seen."

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

As I've said before..."hate crimes" (stupid term) only work in one direction...not the other.

Not sure which way "love crimes" work.

Still researching the other types of crimes:
    • Crimes of adoration.
    • "LYLAS" crimes ("Love You Like a Sister")
    • Platonic love crimes
    • "I don't hate them I just dislike them" crimes
    • puppy love crimes
    • puppy hate crimes
    • Ambivalent crimes
    • "Let's just be friends" crimes
    That about covers it. I'll publish my report when I'm done.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh my goodness...more "juneteenth" shenanigans

a crowd of hooligans beat this poor guy senseless

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/8092297.html

The victim was Thai; Betcha no "hate crime" charges are filed here either...despite having video of them swarming this guy's car, destroying it, and beating him half to death.

Bring the fellas home from Iraq and let them serve some American Justice on these cretins.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

All crimes are "hate" crimes. They shouldn't be a category called "hate" crime. All crimes against persons that I can think of are already against state laws. That's where they should be handled. The federal government can tend to other matters.

7. Conservative Christian

I agree with everything except your first sentence. :thumbs:

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Sounds like murder to me but you have the right to your own opinion.