1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Not all people are children of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mont974x4, Feb 11, 2012.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

If that implication is in there and I either missed it honestly or due to my "biasness", then I do apologize.

This thing we call "edifying" Icon, can very easily be in the eye of the beholder (as pertaining to our discussions here in BB land). Let us also remember, "snideness" is often a reaction to perceived "snideness". (snideness begets snideness) It shouldn't, but it does. I do not believe his post oppose the "historic" faith, by that do you mean the faith of the Roman Catholic Church or my guess the faith of some of the reformers? And you end with snideness?

#21 quantumfaith, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

exactly:thumbs:

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Correct to a certain point. The Jews were God's chosen people through Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel. When His chosen people rejected their Messiah, He then turned to us. The Jews were cut off so that we could be grafted in. Remember, the unbelieving Jews can be grafted back in, provided they do not stay in unbelief. We are grafted into the natural Vine, which is contrary to nature, because we are likened unto a wild olive branch. We are adopted because we, as Gentiles, were never a natural Jew.

Jews don't need adoption, just to be grafted back in, if they choose to believe in the only Begotten of the Father, full of Grace and Truth.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Qf...yes I do get caught up in it also...I would rather not...but if someone keeps poking a sharp stick in my eye...I might just take a swing at them.
    is that the better way...no...it is sinful or at best....sad.
    I just try and follow this sometime;

Benjamin sort of provokes me to verse 5...

What is frustrating to me is he has a brain...but it seems to be he is not using it to edification...but non stop attack. I think he is better than that....but i am still looking for that to be manifest...
    when I answer him according to verse 5...I would hope it causes him to think despite the fact we are not in agreement doctrinally.

I would rather dialogue scripturally...not into human philosophy

#24 Iconoclast, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think the jews are adopted from the physical realm to the Spiritual realm:wavey:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

John 1:12
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

All people are God's creation, but only those who have received Christ are God's children.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Snideness is not always caused from anothers snideness, sometimes it is caused only by the persons heart toward another brother.

There is really no excuse, whether 'caused' by another, which may not be as bad as simply stemming from ones heart felt attitude for another, and is ones natural behavior, continued and unprovoked. Sometimes it is provoked from past grudges, still, it is the displaying of the persons heart who does so.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::wavey::thumbs::applause:

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You just might have a point there, Brother.....

But I think you caught my drift.....I said "drift", not "draft". I know you think I blow a lot of hot air on here...:laugh:

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh......

Very true words Brother....

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. We don't THINK. We KNOW. :laugh::laugh:

:love2:

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, that's why the snow never lasts long around here then. ;)

14. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Mat 13:24 Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
    Mat 13:25 "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.
    Mat 13:26 "But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.
    Mat 13:27 "The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
    Mat 13:28 "And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves *said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'
    Mat 13:29 "But he *said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
    Mat 13:30 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

Mat 13:36 Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."
    Mat 13:37 And He said, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man,
    Mat 13:38 and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one;
    Mat 13:39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels.
    Mat 13:40 "So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.
    Mat 13:41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,
    Mat 13:42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Mat 13:43 "Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

(emphasis added by me)