1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Not offending anyone

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone sins Glen

2. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I'm not the gatekeeper of Heaven. I don't need to know what is in a man's heart or what his future holds. But, as far as it is my business, I judge by actions according to the standard of the Bible in the here and now. If there's a brother living in sin, he should be barred from the church until he repents of his sin. If there's a proud homosexual, I have to agree with scripture that in such a state he cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven. And, if I see anyone not remotely following the teachings of Christ, it's my place to judge them not Christian, not a follower of Christ, no matter what they claim. But, that's not a judgement about their future nor a judgement that has any relevance beyond that which is relevant to me.

It's absurd that I would have to agree that a flaming reprobate is a follower of Christ just because he claims to be a Christian.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is my point. The blanket condemnation of all those attending the venue in question was an error. I am trying to point that out.

Now, let's look a little closer. Matthew 5:28 tells us, "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Have you ever looked at a women lustfully? Does it still happen, on occasion? If so should you be barred from the church until you repent of your sin? And what if it happens again? Barred again?

How many of the people in that venue do you know personally and have discussed this issue with them and have them tell you they know that same gender attraction is wrong and they fight it daily, but like all of us, sometimes they stumble and fall?

Still going to condemn that poor soul to hell fire while dismissing your own sin?

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know TC elaborated more on what I posted... Brother Glen

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reading somewhere, I believe it to be Martin Lloyd Jones, that the Calvinist used to put allot of store on 'the Feel of the HOLY SPIRIT' in the repentant believer. They would ask the believer certain questions to ascertain whether they were really experiencing a true conversion experience. I only mention it because it appears to be an important element in the process that regrettably has gone by the wayside.

6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I've not said any individual is going to Hell. But, a blanket condemnation of those joining in flagrant and open rebellion against God is fair.

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not the subject of the discussion. I was having a discussion with evangelist6589, which you seem to have stumbled into, who made the original statement I am challenging.

:)

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what if someone posts the answers online? Someone might cheat on your test.
    :Smile