1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not one of you who have come to this Board and Forum

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not one of you who have come to this Board and Forum came to be taught, but to teach.

And I thank you all. Not from one to whom I have responded, did I not learn something. I declare here, I have made many changes to my own opinions and convictions directly due to my discourse through this Forum with ... YOU! I have before expressed my gratitude towards BaptistBoard, and I honestly every time meant it from my heart.

There is one thing though in which my persuasion has been hardened ever since I joined BaptistBoard.

I wonder if any can guess what it is?

O, I know, everybody is not going to react, because everybody - if he is going to think anything - is going to think, The Sabbath! He's obsessed with the Sabbath!

Well, you are all wrong. I changed MANY and ESSENTIAL 'thoughts and opinions' of mine with regard to the Sabbath just because of my participation through this forum.

So, you'll have to take another try.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I did not come to teach. I came to annoy and be annoyed.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can't say I agree with this statement. I came and I continue because I have learned so much from participating on this board. Yes, I do teach doctrines which i have thoroughly tested to be fact. And even as I teach these doctrines I am always checking and double checking as opponants fire away at what I teach. my goal is not to be right. My goal is to rightly divide the word of truth knowing that I must give an account for how I handled God's word one day.

But i have learned soo much by being here and have abandoned scriptures that I onced used to defend some of my positions. There are those who no matter how well you clearly show them that they are taking a scripture out of it's context will still in later debates spout it out again as supporting their view.

I pray the word of God is rightly divided and not that I am right at all cost.

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You probably are right GE; but notwithstanding, we still have learned. Some of my very contraversal beliefs have been strenghtened because of the study I was forced to do. Some, have given me pause to think about more closely.
    I have seen some good arguments for both sides of issues. I ask God for help on those.
    I want to know what others believe and why, so as to try my own belief, to see if it will stand the test. I think many eschatology beliefs, just do not hold up to scripture, but I know that others think mine does not either. So we press on to the prize of the mark of the high calling, stumbling at times and others walking boldly. One must be willing to live and die on what he believes and teaches, for we surely are accountable.

BBob,

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I came to share my superior intellect and logic with a group of humans starving for enlightenment.

:laugh:

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

When are you going to start?

Sorry, I have no resistance.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

One of your faults.............???? :laugh:

8. Magnetic Poles

Touche! :laugh: :thumbs:

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

So when are you going to do this???? :tonofbricks:

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Ouch, someone else got to it first!!

11. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Is that not an unfair generalisation? Do you know the hearts of the rest of us, to enable you to make such a definite statement about the reason all of us joined the Baptist Board?

12. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Actually, it's the only one I have. I don't understand why my wife thinks otherwise.

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

You know what they say about great minds.

14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Lest anyone should get the impression that I lack humility, I want to make it clear that I am a very humble man.

And proud of it.

15. Magnetic Poles

I have often heard you say that your humility and modesty are among your greatest assets! :laugh:

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yeah, me too.

One time I got a "humility pin" from my church...but they took it away, 'cause I wore it.

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    This is an encouraging post, Steaver; thanks!

I would like to see your Confession of Faith, I think you must have reached the point where you are able to give account of the Faith that in you is already. You mind to share it with us?

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    Your post too, Bother Bob, gives me hope. But I must be frank with you, I lost hope when I tried to understand your views on eschatology.

This brings me to my hidden point. That it is impossible to teach spiritual things - things of Faith, but by Confession. The more formal the confession, the more effective. The further you are from a clear and short confession of what you believe, you are a bad teacher; you fail as a teacher of the things of Christ.

Karl Barth's writing taught me that. he said, that no bridge can be built between faith and unbelief. Foer example, a christian wastes his breath trying to convince a Muslim through argument. The only thing the believer of Christ can do, is to confess his Faith of Christ, and in Christ. Only then is or will he be able to be a teacher. If not a Christian speak from the heart, he speaks from vanity. To be vvery learned is useless. You'll convince no one; save your breath; join an orators' club or a drama school. You don't fit in Christian conversation.

Now I met with a very thorough, learned and analitical treatise through this forum on a specific topic. And it came to my mind; this man must know whom he believes in; something like this cannot be conceived outside a relationship of true love. it was someone I could not agree with on anything else. I learned from him, because he knew what he believed; he was an able teacher.

Now we have seen plenty of times where people don't even know what they believe themselves, yet come to this forum to teach others. To them I want to say. First go and be taught yourself; then come, and let us discuss what you believe, and I'm sure you'll be able to teach with convincing power. I earnestly invite you to.
    Best test to know if you know what you believe and believe what you know is to write a short confession of faith on that which you think you believed. Chances are good, you will find you believed wind. I have found it often!

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have no problems with someone being Frank with me on eschatology. I was surprised to find that my belief is closer to the earlier church, before Darby than others. Most of all I was and still am pleased that my belief on eschatology, fits exactly with how Jesus taught it. I can not find the MK in Jesus's teachings, I certainly can not find the "animal sacrifices" to be made again in the teachings of Jesus. I do find that much of the book of Daniel is fulfilled already. The antiChrist for the most part is already here, even Jesus said that. I do find that there are more books written, which are not the Bible, describing future events which come from OT. I find it very strange that the Lord Himself did not expound on these things for our understanding, but it took men sixteen hundred years later to come up with this doctrine.

BBob,

#19 Brother Bob, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you with 'MK' mean the 'Millennial Kingdom'?

I found it in the First Resurrection - the regeneration of the believer, that saves him from the second death.