1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not one of you who have come to this Board and Forum

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, and who is the First Resurrection, according to scripture?? (the regeneration of the believer), Is when you become a part of the First Resurrection.

The explanation of the "end times" by Jesus, must really set people on edge, because if you compared His explanation with my explanation, you would come up with the same, or at least close. If you compared His explanation with the MK'ers, you couldn't tell who you were talking about.

BBob,

#21 Brother Bob, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well folks, here we go again. :rolleyes:

Ed

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How do I explain the faith that is in me?

Peter says, 1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I confess that I am not sure I am prepared. I have not given it much thought.

Do you mean a Confession of Faith to other Christians so they may know what I believe, or do you mean if a lost person asked me why I believe in Jesus Christ?

I wake up every morning and Jesus Christ is there, in my mind and in my spirit. He is as real to me as I am to myself. I live and breath only because Jesus allows me to live and breath. People call me religious but i have no religion. Religion can be checked in and out. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ because He dwells in me. Where i go He goes. Religion I could shake off, lay down, put aside, absolutely quit or start again, but Jesus is the life of my being. When I prayed to God to save me through Jesus Christ, God created me a new creature in Christ. I am a Christian as defined by the scriptures. I can never be anything less.

Other Christians wonder how I can believe in OSAS, I would ask them how they could believe anything else if they feel the way I do with Jesus? They say they do feel as I feel, but point their fingers at those who made a confession but don't look so Christlike and then conclude 'scripture must be speaking of them, not me, I will endure, i am special'!

Well i say that i am but a worm and deserve the flames of hell just as much as the infidel, but by the grace of God alone i am saved through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His regeneration. I accepted God's offer, that is all I did and God has given me eternal life, living water. I did not earn it and i do not keep it. It is a gift and it is kept by the power of God, Christ in me.

Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Not a "hope so" hope, but rather a "know so" hope!

God Bless! :praying:

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

A very pleasant agreement, Brother Bod! soul-refreshhing in fact.
    But what's 'MK'? Afterwards: Millennial Kingdomers?

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thos who believe the literal Millennial Kingdom. Jesus doesn't leave room for it in His eschatology, it is spiritual.

I believe when Jeus arose, that after His Resurrection, many of the bodies of the saints arose also. I believe this to be a resurrection of which Jesus is the firstfruits of.

BBob,

#25 Brother Bob, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008