1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Not only is Jesus God but God is Jesus

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, as Jesus is God, but at the very same time the other 2 members of the trinity are also!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love how for decades the JW would misquote and use for their propaganda what Dr Manley stated in regards to Jesus, as they kept using him prove their heresy on Jesus not beijng God, and he ended up sending to them a letter stating that Jesus twas fully God and stop quoting him as their Greekl expert!

3. Acts2.21

Acts2.21 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and the sad thing is that they keep on believing and teaching the same lies! May the Lord have mercy on them.

4. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, that is not in dispute. I have already affirmed that all three members of the Trinity are God, as well. :)

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for actually presenting your view. I disagree with much of it.

First, many scholars believe that the Second Person of the Trinity spoke through the burning bush. I believe it was Logos as well.

Second, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit as separate from Christ was the point. Here is what I said: "Now each of these "entities" can manifest themselves to humans such as the burning bush, or "like a dove."

Third, we agree, sometimes the "Angel of the Lord" appears to be the Second Person of the Trinity." However, not in every cast. Other actual Angels can serve as messengers.

Fourth, the idea that Jesus had two spirits, one human and one God Almighty is bogus in my opinion. Again, if you can support that view from scripture I would be interested. When I looked, I could not find it.

Fifth, an entity such as the human spirits in heaven, have personhood but do not have their glorified body yet, that occurs at the second coming.

I agree that there is only one Third Person of the Trinity, but disagree that the other two Persons are without a spiritual dimension.

6. Acts2.21

Acts2.21 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The phase "God is Jesus" is unbiblical, as it teaches that Jesus only is
    I will pick up on one point that you make. Are you saying that at Jesus' death, that it was the Holy Spirit that He commended to the Father? Luke 23:46 says, "Then Jesus called out in a loud voice, “Father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit.” And when He had said this, He breathed His last.". Which tells us that this mention of "spirit", was Jesus' human "life" (breathed His last). Surely for Jesus to have a complete "human nature" (sin exempted), He must have had a human will, soul and spirit, otherwise His "human nature" would be no more than a phantom.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was fully God and fully Man...

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Acts 2:21, In my opinion, you are making an argument from silence. And that is fine. Again I could find no evidence for your view.

But thanks for actually answering one of my questions, if God is Jesus means Jesus only is God then the description is bogus. However, others could interpret the phrase to mean God is Jesus and God is the Father and God is the Holy Spirit, or in a non-exclusive way.

9. Acts2.21

Acts2.21 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    did I say that He is not?

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for the double post, Acts 2.21, I see I missed one of your questions. I am saying I believe the Spirit Jesus commended, was the Spirit of Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, and not a human spirit, or the Third Person of the Trinity.

11. Acts2.21

Acts2.21 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, do you believe that post-Incarnation, the Lord Jesus Christ is 100% fully God, and 100% fully Man, except sin? Do you accept that Jesus did really take on the "form of man" (Philippians 2:7), which the NIV rightly translates the Greek as , "the very nature", which, as the previous verse, "the very nature of God", means, that He is fully God-Man? (see also Hebrews 2:14). In 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Paul says that the complete human nature consists of, "spirit, soul, and body". This must mean, that, if Jesus Christ, post-Incarnation, was indeed, "God manifested in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16), then He, like us humans, must also have "spirit, soul, and body", in reality, but not a sinful human nature (Luke 1:35, Romans 8:3).

Do you accept this this is what the Bible teaches about the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ?

12. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    the OP verse quotes God, being pierced. This could not the Godhead, but Jesus as God

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was pretty clear sin, I believe the Second Person of the Trinity became flesh. His Spirit was the "soul/Spirit" of Jesus, God incarnate.

14. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    right, but He is not "Second" in deity or power

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree