1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not to Vaccinate is a Sin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. alatide

alatide New Member

Since this is true, why are so any people including you against it?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all Bush's fault!

HankD

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A few months ago, folks on this board were up in arms, saying the vaccine shouldn't be trusted due to it not being tested enough for their taste. Now, the complaint is that it shouldn't be trusted because it IS being tested. No matter how much testing is done, opponents of the H1N1a vaccine will oppose it based on preconception.

It's standard operating procedure to to continual checking on both new and existing pharmaceuticals and medications, including, but not limited to, vaccinations. It should be no surprise, therefore, than testing continues to be done with H1N1a vaccines.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because it has not been tested enough.

It took over a year of being on the market for the government to find that the rotavirus vaccine to be unsafe. How do we know that this vaccine is safe and effective? We don't. It's a fact.

If it's entirely safe, why did the Obama administration sign a legal document stating complete immunity to liability for the vaccine manufacturers? I find that very troubling. You have a complication clearly caused by the vaccine, you have NO legal recourse at all. None.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not complaining because it's being tested. I'm complaining because two of the target groups of this vaccine - children and pregnant women - have been represented by very small testing groups yet they will be the first to get the vaccine. I'm complaining because we've had just a few months of testing on this vaccine and we have no clue about just how safe or effective this vaccine is. THAT is my problem.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not true though. The components of this vaccine have been around for decades, and have undergone continual testing and sampling. Anti-vaccination groups use the "never been tested" line on just about every new vaccine that comes out, regardless of the fact that the componenets have been thoroughly tested. In this case, they're just getting more ears than usual.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The testing is done devoid of any adjuncts or preservatives which is the harmful part of vaccinations. the testing is therefore dishonest.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not true. The adjuvants/preservatives used have a sufficient history of testing prior.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you even know what you are talking about? You think mercury and /or the derivatives thereof are safe under any circumstances? Have you seen any studies that refute said testing?

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

IF it's been tested before, then why are they testing it again? It's because there's something different about this vaccine than the seasonal vaccine. They do not spend months testing the seasonal vaccine but they ARE testing this. WHY? And why is this vaccine so different that they are immune to any litigation whereas that is not the case for the seasonal vaccine? You can't say they are the same thing.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, I do. You're referring to Thiomersal (aka, thimerosal). It's well tested, and has been around for quite a while (since the 1920's). It clears from the body in about 18 days. It's been used in IV medications for decades, is well as vaccines. It's an organomercury and not similar to mercury found in, say, a thermometer.

The other common adjuvant is squalene, which, to date, which is likewise well-tested. It has been administered in over 20 million doses of influenza over the last 10 years.
    It's routine on all vaccines to do continual testing, regardles of how long the vaccine has been out.

#71 Johnv, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, there must be some concerns, this article came out Oct. 19

As for me, they offer free flu shots where I work and have for years, but I never get them. And so far, I have not gotten the flu although I know of several people where I work who got sick within hours of getting the vaccine and say they will never get it again.

I was turned off to vaccines years ago when my father got seriously ill just hours after receiving a vaccine. It is fine for folks here to talk about how safe it is, but if you ever have an experience like this in your own family as I have, trust me, you will think twice.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The issue of vaccination aside, GBS is rare, about 1 per 100,000 people. It's a syndrome, not a disease. It's usually not caused by any one thing. Most people with GBS recover fully in a few weeks.

The most common instances of CBG occur in recently pregnant women, where the rate of GBS is twice the national average.

The current concern stems from the 1976 swine flu outbreak. 48 million Americans were given a swine flu vaccine. Of these, 532 developed Guillain-Barré syndrome, 5% of whom died. So, 1 in every 90,000 people who got vaccinated got GBS. Now, compare that to the fact that, of those who get the flu every year, 1 in every 14,000 get GBS. The chances of getting GBS from the flu is 6 times greater than getting it from the vaccine. The chances of getting it from the vaccine is not significantly higher than the general public.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That has nothing to do with the H1N1a topic. The cheerleader got a regular flu shot, the same type administered every year to millions of people without incident. As for the second video, the guy in that Kent Holtorf, who is into "biodentical estrogen" quack medicine.

#75 Johnv, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  16. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I picked my car up from the body shop today and the receptionist said her son had been diagnosed just yesterday with Swine Flu. The doctors did not have the vaccinations...nor were they planning to get any. They gave him Tamiflu and sent him home.

Too much panic and not enough testing has made this shot unacceptable.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Once he's got the swine flu, he can't be vaccinated. Tamiflu is good treatment, as it alleveates the symptoms. The good news is, he'll be better in a few days.

BTW, I get my first shot tomorrow.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Daughter had the piggy flu this past week. We got Tamiflu in her 16 hours after she first presented symptoms.

She was fever-free 3 days after getting sick. No worries.

19. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

The whole vaccine issue is moot here at the menagerie. The piggies have already run rampant through our local schools. 2 of my younguns caught it, did the Tamiflu and were done with it in a couple of days. The rest of us didn't even sneeze. I see no reason, given our exposure, to bother dragging this many people to the doc TWICE for a vaccine that is questionable at best. For us the benefit versus risk, just isn't high enough.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not taking poison is a sin too then.