1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NPR "expose" was a cut and paste job?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Mar 14, 2011.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I hadn't bothered to click this link. What a nasty little "news" site full of hate speech against conservatives! Oh, and the big pop up ad requesting my money for the Wisconsin unions was a nice touch, too. Don't even bother with this source, folks. Nothing but a waste of time. . .

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't click the link, but I did hear NPR's clarification this morning on the way in.

Frankly I don't understand why news agencies don't question this guy and his ilk in any video they put out. Everyone of them has been edited and shows one perspective. They have a Michael Moore kind of "mockumentary" that deliberately shades the truth. How is it their videos are still taken at face value without trying to see the final, unedited videos? I'll never understand that.

Of course when you listen to the full length video, and even in considering NPR's own clarification the fundraiser who made the comments still made the comments and was wrong for doing so. Even in the NPR clarification they noted that his outrageous claims against the Tea Party and conservative organizations were not out of context and not reflecting NPR's journalistic process.

So basically Bill is just trying to stir the mud around and say its clear. Well it isn't, it's a big ole mess for NPR.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

What's new? Billwald isn't interested in truth; why would he post a link that tells it?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither is NPR.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

It seems that the creator of the video posted both the edited version and the full length version. Given that there does not seem to be any attempt to edit out of context. And anyone reporting so but not reporting that the creator of the video also published the full length video is not themselves being honest.

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I really like NPR. Tons of good stuff on there. A lot of great music as well.

But apparently things are not well in the news dept. This is just outragious.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good stuff yes, but there is a whole lot of garbage that passes for entertainment also; IOW it's a source of a batch of "performers"(?) that would never be able to make it on their talent and/or business acumen alone.

Personally, I'm against my tax money going to support such - specifically when there is no constitutional mandate for this stuff to be funded.

If anybody is that hopped up about giving these "wannabes" a lift, write a check from your OWN CHECKING ACCT.; not mine.

8. Borneol

Borneol New Member

Not sure it matters if the editing was poorly done. Kind of liked this article about that:

"The O’Keefe Video Controversy, and Why it Doesn’t Matter"
    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2...-video-controversy-and-why-it-doesn’t-matter/

From the article:

9. mandym

mandym New Member

Of course it was a cut and paste job. It is called editing. All videos are edited for time sake. But this is only picked on when one does not like the results.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Alternet is like the Onion without the laughs.