1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Number of undocumented immigrants in USA falls to 12-year low, researchers say

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, let's keep this in perspective. Trump committed a federal felony by hiring illegal immigrants.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty said:
    Did Trump personally hire them (and check all paperwork) or was it an employee (supervisor) who hired them.
    Granted Trump is ultimately responsible - but lets keep it in perspective.

OK - but are you going to answer my question?

3. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "My whole town practically lived there": From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of illegal workers for Trump goes back years

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/my-whole-town-practically-lived-there-from-costa-rica-to-new-jersey-a-pipeline-of-illegal-workers-for-trump-goes-back-years/2019/02/08/8cdbc1dc-2971-11e9-97b3-ae59fbae7960_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.aacb77664202

The Washington Post spoke with 16 men and women from Costa Rica and other Latin American countries, including six in Santa Teresa de Cajon, who said they were employed at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster. All of them said that they worked for Trump without legal status — and that their managers knew.

The former employees who still live in New Jersey provided pay slips documenting their work at the Bedminster club. They identified friends and relatives in Costa Rica who also were employed at the course. In Costa Rica, The Post located former workers in two regions who provided detailed accounts of their time at the Bedminster property and shared memorabilia they had kept, such as Trump-branded golf tees, as well as photos of themselves at the club.

Their descriptions of Bedminster’s long reliance on illegal workers are bolstered by a newly obtained police report showing that the club’s head of security was told in 2011 about an employee suspected of using false identification papers — the first known documentation of a warning to the Trump Organization about the legal status of a worker.

Other supervisors received similar flags over the years. A worker from Ecuador said she told Bedminster’s general manager several years ago that she entered the country illegally.

Eric Trump, a son of the president who runs the Trump Organization along with his brother Donald Trump Jr., declined to comment on the accounts by the former workers. Bedminster managers did not return requests for comment.

The company’s recent purge of unauthorized workers from at least five Trump properties contributes to mounting evidence that the president benefited for years from the work of illegal laborers he now vilifies.

4. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the number of illegal immigrants is at a 12-year low, how can you define that as "a national emergency?" The real national emergency is our lack of adequate defenses against a cyber-attack. I'm reading a very interesting book entitled "Cyberstorm" by Mathew Mather. CyberStorm by Matthew Mather

Take a look at it. It will scare the heck out of you. With all the cyber-attacks and hacks going on I think it's about to move out of the realm of science fiction into reality.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or not.

6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or did.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAKE?

Why PeeWee?

8. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is essentially the level of political discourse in America today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Agreed.

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read my post please. I said don't use the term "undocumented", use the term "illegal." Then Rev said don't call them "illegal immigrants", call them "illegal aliens." Then I said you can properly use either term referring to alien or immigrant.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They atrnt immigrants theyre aliens and they are illegal

12. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to read the definition of immigrant.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well then, go and make a citizens arrest!

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Demonstrating that, if the Marxist MSM were willing to help by doing their job, all illegal aliens could be identified and deported, perhaps within as little as one year.

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your data can only be considered as mostly self-reporting, and such numbers may well be down. It does not follow that the actual numbers are that level--they are likely more than double or triple yours, but are extremely high in any case, not low. Furthermore, these illegals are producing so-called anchor babies that should have no right whatsoever to be in the US, much less be considered citizens.

It is definitely a national emergency in many ways, and has been for quite some time. Even if the swamp refuses to act, the commander-in-chief is right to do so, and it's one of the main reasons he was elected. If I had a MAGA hat, I'd doff it were he to successfully implement full measures to stem the tide.

16. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you didn't know, the US can and does have multiple national emergencies, just as it has multiple enemies. If you know anything about management, teamwork, or even getting an education, then you know you must work on multiple problems, cover several bases simultaneously. Yours is a non-argument with a bit of emotionalism thrown in.

17. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And citizens who have hired illegal immigrants will ALL be prosecuted.

18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was been a manager of engineers with MS's and PhD's (12 years). I know that with limited resources, you have to prioritize them. There is no comparison between the so-called immigrant emergency and the looming cyber-attack crisis.

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm...

A firewall is used to defend against a cyber attack.

A ________ is used to defend the border against illegal immigrants. (Hint: a four letter word that rhymes with ball.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course resources are limited--only Climate Change and Green New Deal proponents and other Progressives would imagine otherwise.

A supposed cyber-attack would be scary indeed, not because of the possibility, but because of the realization that bringing it up as a crisis only now would mean that for decades morons have been managed by imbeciles supervised by idiots in charge of our cyber-security. It may be true, but not something I really want to contemplate. If it is true, not even Trump could deliver us from such a debacle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.