1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Numbers 20:10........

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO, Mar 15, 2007.

1. His Blood Spoke My Name

Surely you do not accuse me of hate?

If I truly hated the people on the BB, I would not warn them of being conformed to the world, I would not advise them of what the Word of God has to say in the matters of the Christian's life.

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have noticed that< Pastor Bob> and <His Blood spoke> my name explained out the Key points very well as they indicated that the mistake was that Moses should have not hit the Rock but spoken to the Rock.

I want to explain the overall aspects of this issue and why Moses had to SPEAK to the Rock instead of striking it, and why it was so important that Moses could not go into the Land of Canaan due to this incident.

Water Problem of Israelites in Wilderness.

This appears 3 times in Pentateuch and has very serious meanings for them.
    We must note that this is related to our Lord Jesus Christ because Bible says:

(Israelites) did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

Jesus Christ Himself was the fountain of the living water (John 4:14, 7:38)
    So, we should keep in mind that the Rocks were pointing out Jesus Christ before He came into the world as a human being.

1. Some Misunderstanding about the Number 20:2-13
    Someone says Moses failed to enter the Land of Canaan because he struck the Rock twice, instead of once. Some say that Moses was rather angry when he struck the Rock and he didn’t expect the water would come out of the rock but struck, which means that he struck it due to his disbelief. This could be a good interpretation too.

2. Exodus 15:24-

24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? 25 And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet:

This symbolizes the First Coming of Jesus unto this world in the human form. Jesus has come into this world as a True Light, and as a Fountain of Living Water.
    The tree of life was thrown into the world, which made the water sweet to drink.

3. Exodus 17:2-7

3 And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst? 4 And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me. 5 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go. 6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

The Rock of Salvation ( Deut 32:15, 18) was struck at the Cross.
    This symbolizes the Crucifixion of Jesus who is the Rock of Salvation at the Cross.

4. Numbers 20:2-13

7 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink. 9 And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him. 10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock? 11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also. 12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them. 13 This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the LORD, and he was sanctified in them.

Interpretation:

This symbolizes the witnessing after the Crucifixion of Jesus. God commanded Moses “ Speak unto the Rock before their eyes”
    God didn’t say that Moses should smite the rock, because He knew that Once the Rock was smitten it was enough.

But Moses smote it twice, which means that he repeated the Crucifixion of Jesus.

The crucifixion of Jesus Christ is effective Once For All. If anyone denies it, then even the second Cross can be denied, then the third Cross can be denied….

Therefore God declared that “It is finished” ( John 19:30). Heb 9:11 says “ Have obtained the eternal redemption”

“But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.” ( Heb 10:12)

Therefore what we need to do after the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ is to witness what Jesus has done at the Cross. If anyone tries to have Jesus Christ to be crucified again, he must be working as an anti-Christ.

Roman Catholic rehearses the sacrifice of Jesus every week repeatedly, at the Mass.
    This is what God abhors, because it is a disbelief of what Jesus has completed Once For All.

This is important because Moses couldn’t enter the Land of Canaan because of this incident.

The Rock was already hit before and now Moses had to speak to the Rock, which symbolize that we believe what Jesus has finished already and then preach the Gospel to the world.

Deuteronomy 3:

25 I( Moses) pray thee( God), let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon. 26 But the LORD was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter. 27 Get thee up into the top of Pisgah, and lift up thine eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not go over this Jordan.

#42 Eliyahu, Mar 31, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"The Rock of Salvation ( Deut 32:15, 18) was struck at the Cross."

GE:

Moses wasn't only a type of Christ, but he was a type of the people as well - of all people. For all people are the crucifier of Jesus, yet not all crucifiers of Jesus are lost. (Obaiah mentions Esau as the representative type of all the lost.) Therefore Moses had to strike the rock in disobedience -- in order to be saved. (Just like the prophet Hosea had to obey God with disobedience to the Law.)

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You could have interpretted before.

Even now you can interpret the whole text properly, then let the readers discern them.

This is why I didn't want to post mine first.

What do you mean by Obaiah? I don't find it in the Bible.

Your post is just confusing chaos, I don't understand it sorry.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Obadiah verse 18, "The house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Josef a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble ... there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau ...."

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jacob sinned; Joseph was a sinner; so was Esau. All received punishment 'with fire'; only Esau was reduced to 'stubble'? Confusing? surely!

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In a more 'modern idiom': Romans 5:20f, "Moreover the Law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound."

(I love the Greek here, it rolls off the tongue so lekker: 'hupereperisseusen heh charies'. I made it my slogan.)

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know how to spell Obadiah and so wrote Obaiah, then do not know how to distinguish between Man of Integrity ( Jacob) and Man of the field because you don't know the Hebrew word Tam ( Integrity).

You don't know how to distinguish Joseph who refused the temptation by the Potiphar's wife and with whom God was, and was a shadow of Jesus Christ, and Esau who married Hittites and was a grief to Rebecca, just a macho man in the field.

Therefore everything looks confusing to you, right?

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, I'll tell you taht God loved me so that He gave His Son to save my soul, is utterly confusing to me. O happy malady! o sweet ignorance!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And I hope I need not pass a spellinb test in order to partake on this Board! Thank heavens!

11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not find fault with the spelling, but in that case I could hardly understand what you were talking about.

As for the contents, it is coward thing if you criticize the posts without presenting your own interpretation. If you have better interpretation, show it, and let the readers discern it.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see what your 'point' is, it is this: "The Rock was already hit before and now Moses had to speak to the Rock, which symbolize that we believe what Jesus has finished already and then preach the Gospel to the world."

That is pretty allegory, to which I still prefer mine own, that the two incidents shows forth Moses as the type of both the People and of Christ.

I have given my view; you just didn't see it.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, why should the one be preferred to the other? You uses the single for the plural; I uses the plural for the singular et al. Grammatically at least, there is no difference, no improvement of the one on the other.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is saying, much ado about nothing.

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You couldn't explain why Moses couldn't enter Canaan, and why he shouldn't have struck the Rock the second time.

You don't realize your miserable understanding yet.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Then you explain it to me, without asking me, the questions you presumably, have all the answers to.

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You missed the point where Moses failed to show the Glory of God by representing Jesus Christ.

As you said, Moses was representing Jesus Christ often, but in this case he failed to. You didn't point out why he failed, and couldn't enter Canaan.

This is why you say that you could find NOTHING in my post even though I explained you about Jesus Christ in the verses of Numbers 20:10-.

You yourself confess that you are BLINDED, because you say that you find NOTHING in much ADO
    even though the interpretation is clearly about Jesus Christ.

Even though Jesus comes to you and explain about the Rock, you would say to Him, "You are saying much ADO about Nothing ". This is your level of faith, as you confessed for yourself.

Jesus Christ would tell you this if He comes to you:

Search the scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life, and they are they which testify of me. ( Jn 5:39)

#57 Eliyahu, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007