1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Numbers Don't Lie: Why Our Nation Is In Serious Trouble

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SIDE NOTE: A friend of mine sent these numbers via the E-mail. There must be an author of these numbers, but the E-mail didn't note one, so I assume them to be anonymous. Whatever, the numbers are a great visual effect to show us how "weak Obama's administration is, when it comes to knowing how to run our nation!"

Finally, for those who bellieve that Obama has the best-of-the-best surrounding him and advising him, think again... take a look at these numbers, AND THE ANS THE ANSWER IS VERY INTERESTING!

The percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is... a real life business, not a government job. Here are the percentages.

T. Roosevelt........ 38%

Taft..................... 40%

Wilson ................... 52%

Harding.................. 49%

Coolidge............... 48%

Hoover................. 42%

F. Roosevelt......... 50%

Truman.................. 50%

Eisenhower........... 57%

Kennedy.............. 30%

Johnson................. 47%

Nixon.................... 53%

Ford..................... 42%

Carter.................. 32%

Reagan................... 56%

GH Bush................. 51%

Clinton ................. 39%

GW Bush................ 55%

And the resounding winner is:
    <strong>Obama @ a paltry 8% !!!</strong>:praying:

Yep! That's right! Only Eight Percent!!!..the least by far of the last 19 presidents!! And these people are trying to tell our big corporations how to run their business? They know what's best for GM...Chrysler... Wall Street... and you and me?

How can the president of this nation and society...the one with the most successful economic system in world history... stand and talk about business when he's never worked for one?.. or about jobs when he has never really had one??! And neither has 92% of his senior staff and closest advisers.! They've spent most of their time in academia, government and/or non-profit jobs....or as "community organizers" when they should have been in an employment line.

Just one more reason I say America is in big trouble... GOD HELP US ALL !!:1_grouphug:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Astounding!

It's no wonder his economic policies are a disaster. None of them have a clue what drives the economy and creates jobs.

BTW This provides back up for your email:

http://blog.american.com/?p=7572

#2 carpro, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  3. billwald

billwald New Member

What does "prior to" mean? Immediately prior? Hard to believe that 92% of Obama's people NEVER worked for a private company.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure how important those figures are. Some of the presidents listed in your post are considered among the worst in our history.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the added "link".

That will only assist readers in seeing the truth before their eyes. Yet, there are those, who will still argue for their man.:tear:

For instance, look at the post right above this one. Crabguy has dug up his own list, showing that some of the president on my list were listed on the Best and Worst Presidents List of All Time.

Thanks for the list Crabguy! Not sure what your's proves, but, I know what mine shows to be true. Experience in the White House makes all the difference in keeping Americans on the right track.

#5 righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Washington is the best with Lincoln being the worst.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was listening to a monetary analyst yesterday and he stated that the government debt bubble - as we see in Greece and then as it spreads to eventually envelope the United States will bring down the financial markets worldwide - not a matter of if but just a matter of when.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

OK, Every market in the entire world crashes. Then what happens? The world isn't going to stay crashed very long.

Even in a "crashed" condition someone will be on top and someone on the bottom. How does anyone think the shakeout will settle?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that any of us posting on this board will wind up on top, billwald.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of Like California's Earthquake Watch...

It's not IF.... but, when the big one hits. I kind of suspected that the world will eventually go bankrupt, and it may result in a war, instead of cooperating with each other to arrive at a solution.

My parents always said, and so did there parents, that the best thing for an economic downturn is an all-out-world-war.

What a depressing thought, I can only hope we're beyond that mentality...

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thjis is Why We Hold Unto Tightly to the Nukes...

.... they make a nice deterrent in the event of such a world-wide disaster.:tear:, but true!

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The top ten and bottom ten on your list are nothing but someone's opinion. What possible difference could a certain percentage of the cabinet that had worked in the private sector make to you anyhow? Your posts are constantly in favor of greater government involvement in our lives, and your agenda seeks a more anti-Constitutional stance than the one already put in place by the Democrats and Republicans.

13. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you still upset with the war between the states? Most people would say Buchanan was the worst and was responsible for what led up to that war based on his many mixed signals.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

lol, so what does that say about obama then, if even the worst rank higher then him?

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally a matter of opinon. Also, Obama is not yet an ex-president. Thus he has time for you to either gain a better or a worse opinion of him.

I am not defending Obama in my first post. Simply pointing out that we have had some pretty bad presidents who hired people from private industry.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt you know what most people would say on this.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Then your post must have been only opinion, at the rate he's going I can't see how anyone's opinion of him could get anybetter, unless their goal is like his, destruction of this country.

18. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would you say that?

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are right about Buchanan. He is almost completely forgotten by most people. He believed that slavery was indefensible, but being a politician, he refused to challenge it in any way. Strangely, he supported the various compromises that made it possible for slavery to spread into the western territories acquired by the Lousiana Purchase and the Mexican War. This led to the start of the Civil War ... which though attributed to have started at Ft. Sumpter really began some years before in Bleeding Kansas. He was devote, but very weak willed.

His presidence almost ensured a nationwide civil war.