1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Numbers Don't Lie: Why Our Nation Is In Serious Trouble

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wear bifocals and I always pay full price for them out of pocket. Adding the glare proof to them does not make them cost 700 dollars anywhere. I do not have it because I do not want to pay the extra 40 dollars for it. Just because we cannot afford all the bells and whistles to life does not mean we have been wronged by big business. Glare proof is not necessary and there is no reason insurance should pay for them. Your sense of entitlement is the problem not the insurance company. Man up and take care of it yourself.

2. targus

targus New Member

I hate to be the one to tell you this...

The health care bill isn't going to be paying for any eyeglasses at all.

You should appreciate your wife's optical insurance while you still have it.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't. Say adding the glare proofing is what made it $700, I said without the insurance it would probably be $700.
    The point was that the $300 by itself was ridiculous, as is the price without glare proofing. So she's not getting the glare proofing, and that price (forget at the moment, but it's still three figures). If they're not as expensive where you are, I don't know why. She would naturally look at the cheapest ones she could find.
    I also mentioned that a lot of this stuff we buy at these prices still falls apart quickl. Just this moring, she ordered Windows 7 for her laptop, because Vista turned out to be garbage, as many other people now realize.

Yet you accuse me of an entitlement mentality" and speak of "manning up". We did what we had to do, and pretty much all we could do in the situation, yet I'm still wrong, and the private industry with its inflated prices and poor quality is NEVER in the wrong. You would never say they had an entitlement mentality, right? I guess they don't have to; they simply ARE entitled!
    Maybe "manning up" means working 16 hours, since that's often what the rich are said to do to get where they are. Then I could afford it. So I simply don't 'work hard enough'. And if we got ride of these dreaded unions, maybe the agency (which in the ideal system would be privatized at that) would work me 16 hours. I bet I wouldn't be making twice what I am now, though. And it would?t be safe, with the fatigue. But I guess that would serve me right for not manning up and becoming a corporate owner, and thinking I'm "entitlesd" to anything, otherwise!

And don't you all think you're "entitled" to things; such as less taxes? Same problem; only a different focus on where all the money we think we should have is going.

As per the discussion on the other thread, is this part of the "divine providence" mentioned over there. Thaat these people are entitled, and whatever they do is right, because God ordained it? The auto triopoly shows the corruption in that sector, and even that is ultimately blamed on the president!
    I do (and I wasn't saying the bill should cover it); but was just showing how ridiculous prices are even with it.