1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nunes ‘Unmasking’ Report Vindicates Trump Claims on Surveillance

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bob Woodward on O'Reilly right now saying this is very serious. O'Reilly even on board, and he's not a big Trump supporter.

This is YUGE folks.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was/is a rhetorical question for the benefit of others :)

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, if he were vulnerable or knew any better he would resemble Swiss cheese.

HankD

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Comey is a weasel, listen to his exact words:

"With respect to the president’s tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets and we have looked carefully inside the FBI. The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components. The department has no information that supports those tweets.”

"Alleged wiretapping", "I have no information". "we have looked carefully". "has no information that supports", it's all legalese. Wiretapping in the strictest sense is attaching some listening device to phone lines, that surveillance method is dated.

I think he has enough wiggle room to avoid a perjury charge but this doesn't look good for him. It has to be disconcerting to say the least that this all comes out right after his testimony and that Comey fell into a baited Trump trap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

I don't think so. Remember, this is Trump he's dealing with. I think he's just now feeling the heat and it's just going to get hotter. Why is he refusing to investigate further? All these are going to come back to bit him.

#25 Calminian, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Calminian

Site Supporter

More news flooding in on this. Apparently Obama admins are getting nervous.

From Politico:

"It sounds like the Deep State is getting nervous. Politico’s Nahal Toosi and Andrew Restuccia report that some federal bureaucrats are “panicked” by articles in Breitbart News and other conservative sites shining a light on Obama administration holdovers."

I'd advise them to definitely be nervous. In fact, they need to start outing their friends to save their own skin.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, the Hill has turned into a three ring circus. Elephants, donkeys, the whole meqillah.

HankD

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He won't resign.

Trump should have fired him the first day.

9. Calminian

Site Supporter

Trump is smart. He knows what he's doing. He's got him on the ropes. Or perhaps I should say, he's feeding him plenty of rope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, don't fire Comey, at least not yet - if Trump does it right now, it looks politically motivated and he'd be stuck with McCabe, who is even more dubious than Comey.

Like I said before, I don't think Comey committed perjury but he did intentionally mislead Congress. What nobody mentions is that Nunes said someone in the intelligence community brought him these reports in RESPONSE to the testimony by Comey - a whitsleblower for sure.

About being played, I'll never forget how Trump handled Ted Cruz during the RNC - handed Ted the rope and watched him hang himself. Machivellian to say the least.