1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NUTS FOR ARMINIANS TO CRACK

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by BrotherJoe, Mar 22, 2004.

1. BrotherJoe

BrotherJoe New Member

Brother DAllas,

YOU: Adam was created without sin, but he was neither righteous nor holy, had he been so, he could not have fallen, imho.

Christ's atonement is threefold;

1. holy life
    2. vicarious death
    3. resurrection by the spirit of holiness

ME: I agree.

bro joe

2. BrotherJoe

BrotherJoe New Member

Brother Eric,

YOU: I don't believe there's really any difference between "righteousness" and "sinlessness"/"innocence" the way you're making it out to be —in regards to salvation/damnation. If someone is not guilty of sin, God has no reason to refuse them from Heaven.

ME: Brother Eric, do you believe as a result of receiving the atonement we are simply restored to Adams original state or do we have something greater?

YOU: I would make a distinction of "righteousness" in that case, only in the sense that the additional factor of righteousness was testing. In that case, since Adam failed, so now his resulting sin is a matter of a lack of righteousness.
    Of course, Christ was God, so He had natural righteousness

ME And thank God we dont have to be tested like Adam, since Christ was already tested in our stead, we have no chance of losing our righteousness! Take care Brother and have a good worship service tomorrow.

Brother Joe

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course I believe we have something greater. I think the second part of my statement should have clarified that. We have Christ's perfect righteousness imputed to us and don't need to go through Adam's testing. [​IMG]