1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"O, I'm not a one-issue voter, you know..."

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by DQuixote, Apr 20, 2007.

1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "O, I'm not a one-issue voter, you know..."

That's the lame refrain one hears most often from Christians who decide to put aside Biblical principles in order to support a candidate that supports the unrestricted murder of the unborn or the legalization of homosexual "marriages". :(

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that on those two issues especially. The one that just tears my up inside more than any other is the abortion issue. The homosexual comes in a close second. These two stand out (espcially abortion) as demanding one issue voting from Christians. That is why I will never vote for Romney or Giuliani. (and probably McCain).

Any other vice issue I would be more likely to consider it with other issues. The two carpro listed, there is no compromise. IMHO

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I'm certainly not a one-issue voter.

5. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm an all-issues non-voter ;)

For me Oz's "big two" are just as evil as each other in different ways, the "little two" are even worse, and the preferential voting system is a scam anyway so can't even vote for smaller good candidates with-out chance of vote going to the others.

6. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

Me either. To be a one issue voter is to ignore other issues that may be just as important or moral/immoral as the one issue that concerns us.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said.

8. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

Perhaps you might want to consider adding divorce to your little two note list. After all, as it says in Malachi 2:16,

But, then, despite what God may think about that subject, it would be my guess that you probably wouldn't want to make that addition since it would eliminate most of the current Republican field of presidential candidates.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

There isn't any other issue that is as import and as moral as stopping the slaughter unborn innocent children.

10. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

All the more reason to support pro-life organizations like Democrats for Life and to oppose needless wars of choice like the current one in Iraq.

So does that mean that you'll be voting for Dennis Kucinich in the primaries rather than Rudy Guiliani? Kucinich after all has a decent pro-life voting record. Guiliani not so much.

#10 Rooselk, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

If Fred Thompson doesnt run I will be switching my party. I wouldnt vote Kucinich for dog catcher. Guiliani either.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that for sure. Both parties are pure trash with the present list of candidates. I would vote for Thompson if he gets the nomination, maybe Rep Tom Tancredo if he does, which we both know they wont.

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I wouldnt count Thompson out. Search the web he hasnt anounced he will run yet and his numbers are tremendous.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice scramble for excusing the inexcusable, but still...

Weak.

God's punishment for homosexual acts- Death
    God's punishment for murder- Death

God hates diovorce just as He hates all sin, but the worldly punishment is not death.

15. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Only third parties offer this.

16. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

There is no earthly "punishment" for sin. There are earthly consequences, but when you're covered by the blood of Christ, there is grace.

You don't believe the Bible?

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's sad, and a little pathetic, to listen to Christians try to excuse their support of those who advocate murder and public acceptance of homosexual acts as "normal".