1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obab

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Oct 23, 2007.

1. trustitl

trustitl New Member

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Once born of God, Always born of God.

No objections as of yet?

When Nicodemus was told by Jesus "ye must be born-again" Nic could not comprehend the possibility of an already having been born person going back from whence he came (unexisting, not born) and being born once again. And rightly so, once born your born, it cannot change.

Jesus uses the perfect analogy, a birth, for His revelation of those who would be born of God spiritually.

God bless! :wavey:

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Trustit!

"The only rivalry that exists is between our minds and our flesh. (See Romans 7) The law was intended to bring us to Christ so that we could be free from the struggle. The law is then no longer needed. I know it is not very popular but "the law is not for a righteous man" "

GE

If I remember correctly the verse says the Law is for the transgressor. That means, would one who thought he was 'righteous' (free of or above the Law) transgress the Law, it as it were springs into life again and is 'quick' to condemn that man so happy in his vain 'righteousness'. Now who of us every moment of his life is not a sinner? And so, says Paul, "Don't you know man is under the Law for as long as he lives?" Even the most of righteous men! You, included, dear brother, like me. We are free, only because we are found in Christ; only because He, for us, in our place, bore the pnealty of the Law. The Law is alive as ever - for the transgressor! But so much more is our Refuge! Therefore, indeed, for those in Christ, the Law no longer is needed. I cannot more heartily agree with you! Now, if ever confronted with a question of right or wrong, good or bad, profitable or detrimental, duty or non-obligatory, essential or unnecessary, holy or profane, pure or polluting -- Christ fills the mind, and the heart, and leads us by the hand, and in conscience -- and we follow, being drawn by bonds of love and 'kind'-ness. (Like cohesion between particles of the same matter.) WHAT IS OUR LIFE GOING TO LOOK LIKE NOW? And the absolute first thing I believe our life is now going to look like and in fact is going to be like, is "The Body of Christ's Own" the Community of the saints, the Fellowship of the Believers -- THE CHURCH!

#43 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2007
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This to me is where Ethics starts and also stops. For a Christian there is nothing right or wrong, good or bad, but as and while and in being a member of this Body that is The Body of Christ, and of Christ's Own. The concepts of sin or righteousness (for me), does not exist outside or apart from the knowledge and faith and assurance that I have, that I am Christ's. The 'old' Law no longer forms the framework of my referencing. Christ, and being Chrits's in being His Body the Church, for the Christian is the only 'verwysingsraamwerk'. There's a very apt phrase in English, but I just can't recall it now.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    sorry, computer delayed too long, double post deleted

6. trustitl

trustitl New Member

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

A birth - what beautiful analogy. Years ago, in the 'evolution-period of my youth from (in the easiest words) Arminianism to Calvinism, I wrote a little essay on this spiritual wonder. And I saw the new-born baby, (how shall I put it in English?) searching, wanting, the breast it hasn't known from before at all! That to me was just as great a miracle!

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed a miricle performed by God!

Jhn 1:13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

My wife has just asked me what I'm doing? I told her I was on the internet. I said,It's a waste of time, but I have so much time for free left over I must try use a bit. Now I see it isn't waste of time. (Troeste dich mein Volk!)

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I love the Messiah! Do you?

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AMen! :thumbs:

Sometimes i think i waste too much time here as well. But i do love it when i learn and i love seeing how God has taught all of His children differing subjects for the edifying of the saints.

God Bless! :wavey:

13. trustitl

trustitl New Member

The scriptures are what says my old man is dead, not me. If I go by my experience, I would probably conclude otherwise because I to often do what the old man did. However, it is not the old man sinning it is this new creation doing it.
    I don't see any hypocricy in that, but not arguing is fine with me. :thumbs:

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jhn 5:21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

This is a good passage speaking of those who become born of God.

Jhn 5:24¶Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Jesus spoke the truth as always and has said those He quickened (born-again, born of God) shall not come into condemnation.

Good point brother! :thumbs:

Still haven't heard any scriptures presented for the side of once born of God one could become unborn of God. I haven't found any myself, but maybe I am missing something.

Good post brother. You presented scripture that specifically speaks of "born of God". If others are having trouble finding scripture that specifically speaks in this phrase (born of God) you can also use "born-again" "quickened-eth" "child of God" "children of God" "passed from death unto life" ........use any terms that refer to the "REgeneration" of the human spirit by God.

As most should clearly understand, this is different than creation itself, as in being created in the womb or in Adam and Eve's case being formed from the dust of the earth for Adam and a rib bone for Eve and given the first breath of life .

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

In these OSAS (or OBAB) discussions, I never see the use of Romans 2 in regards to the "circumcision of the heart". When one is circumcised physically...can that ever be undone? Why do we believe that the circumcision of the heart to be any different?

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very true! Another example of OBAB. Still no scriptures to the contrary yet.

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    How did Paul find it he always was confronted by the old Paul whenever he wanted to do good? He even said his old self was bound upon his back until such day Christ shall release him from his own old self, Romans 7?
    Life has taught me as long as there is this war going on within I have hope. You have no battle with Self?

Nevertheless, you are right, and I too believe, it is I, child of the Father in Jesus Christ who is doing the sinning still! Therefore do I not cease to pray for God's grace, nor stop the fight until victory be attained in the day of resurrection. You see I don't say in the day of my dying? For that day the fight shall have been ended, but the victory nor the reward not yet. So, the old self is still putting up a fight inside; But God the thanks, the battle is not won inside me; it was won in Christ and by Him. His is all honour.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

I don't quite understand you; are we not all on the same side? Jhn 5:24¶Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. "Verily Verily", is an Oath; an Oath Jesus takes! How can I doubt Him?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Don't know if it has been said before, but:

He that is born once will die twice; he that is born twice will die once.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

You know, DHK it breaks my heart this saving truth is so -- what shall I say -- fought against, attacked, as if antichrist itself! What! Can't we agree on the heart of the Gospel; must we tear apart Grace itself, and divide Divine Love as could it be untruthfull to itself!? It is the shame of Christianity Christianity itself is so disgraced!