1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama a Carter Clone

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 17, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/67918

Obama Speech Sounds Just Like Carter at His Worst

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
    By Dan Gainor

It took Barack Obama less time to become Jimmy Carter than it took Carter. Sure, their presidencies have taken similar tracks – relative Washington newcomers amidst bad economies and talk of cities defaulting on debt.

Even the election of Sen. Scott Brown to take over for the late Sen. Ted Kennedy was similar to the GOP taking the seat held by the late Sen. Hubert Humphrey in 1978.

That was just the opening act. Carter went down in history as a man overwhelmed by the office he held. And Tuesday night, in front of the entire nation, Barack Obama sounded just like him.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Sorry, but I think Obama's much worse. I don't think Carter saw private enterprise as the enemy. Obama does. I think Carter was incompetent, and left-leaning. Obama is a leftist idealogue who would rather the country fail and his views succeed than the other way around. Carter was an appeaser because, in his naivete, he always "wanted to see the best in other folks," even when there wasn't anything good to see. Obama surrounds himself with people like treasonous Eric Holder, who doesn't even believe that radical Islam is a problem.

Sorry, but this contest isn't close. I'd take Carter, as bad as he was, over Obama any day of the week.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be right.

I have long considered Carter as our very worst president.

I'm coming around to your way of thinking. Obama appears to be, not only worse, but much worse.