1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama a Christian?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SolaSaint, Feb 22, 2012.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So instead of taking President Obama's word for it we're gonna take the word of a guy (probably a very nice guy) who has spent all of two hours with him over the President's own words when asked in the past?

Would you like it or call it accurate if your mailman commented on the state if your faith?

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether he is a Christian or no, only God knows. However, when he uses Christianity (or rather the name of Jesus) to flaunt his tax goals etc., then YES, it is expedient that ALL Christians determine whether his "WALK MATCHES HIS TALK"; and call him on it when it doesn't!!!

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I think its in the social agenda areas have most concern!

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forget about Franklin Graham's information. Let's consider taking the word of Obama, the politician. News flash--politicians have been known to bend the truth, or flat out not be truthful. Don't know about you, but my default position on when a politician opens his/her mouth is to be doubtful of what I hear.

How do you reconcile a person saying they are a Christian when that person votes to increase abortions? Or cancels a prayer ceremony at the White House because he doesn't want to offend anyone?

How about investigating the statement of faith of the church Obama attended for 20 years? That might be enlightening. Maybe they teach infant baptismal regeneration plus good works = salvation.

As with anyone, it would depend on what he says.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Sad is this is to Say....

...I don't see too much of anything changing the support Obama has with his followers. He is loved, revered, and in some cases idolized. Nothing will break the bond he has with his supporters. :BangHead:

For a large number of Americans, he is the first black president, and they are going to make sure he remains in that position as long as humanly possible. :sleep:

The only thing that will remove him from office is 2016, when his second-term ends. :tear:

6. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that Jesus will tolerate another "savior" of humankind usurping His position and standing.

Obama thinks himself a savior, but he is no Jesus!

7. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Obama is more lost than a duck in a hail storm

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2008/11/obamas-interview-with-cathleen.html#ixzz1nGjFaRE5

9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

One cannot believe all things and yet claim to have a set of values to follow. I suggest that his true value is pragmatism.

10. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

would say postmodern, as he hasstated that while Jesus works for him in his faith as his saviour, have to respect other faiths as being valid to them for faith to God!

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Key thought... "Jesus works for him..." :wavey:

I might be mistaken, but I always thought that we ought to bow down and call Jesus Lord, and that we work for HIM! :thumbs:

12. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Well, some of pres supporters see him as a "messiahnic" figure!

13. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

HE sees himself as a messianic figure! He has come with HOPE and CHANGE to SAVE US! (From capitalism, from our own Constitution, from conservativism, from freedom, from the Founders and Framer's views that gave the world the single best government in history, from liberty, from rights including speech, firearms, press, religion, possession of property, states, etc., and a few other little things.)