1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Accused of 'Dismantling" America !?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 23, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United States has been on that slippery slope since Teddy Roosevelt was president.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the History....

I didn't realize this, but, you do know what you're talking about, so, I'll accept this comment as fact. :thumbs:

Thanks for the info.

4. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Do you think all presidents since then are bad people?

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

6. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I do believe we have a President who cares very little about our Constitution. However, For eight years Bush didn't care too much about the Constitution either.

The tyranny did not begin with Obama. His lack of care for adhering to the Constitution was well reflected in the prior administration.

7. ReformedBaptist

Very true. That president go away with it more because conservative Christians give him a pass, or any other conservative, when we feel like they are conservative and Christians.

Perhaps Ruiz, the issue lies with truly knowing our history and understanding what is a constitutional government and what really is a republic. I know that for myself I am having to re-learn these things.

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is correct, as was it correct for many previous presidents.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:

This sounds much more like the Tea Party to me.

10. ReformedBaptist

I hope so. I have little connection with the tea party movement, but it appears to me that this movement is a push to constitutional government. If that be case, I say AMEN!

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Looking back on his years in office, Roosevelt told his son in 1909: "I have been a full president right up to the end." And just as he promised, Roosevelt had seized all the power that inhered in the presidency, and through his actions in office permanently strengthened the executive for his successors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Whenever I could establish a precedent for strength in the executive, as I did for instance as regards external affairs in the case of sending the fleet around the world, taking Panama, settling affairs of Santo Domingo and Cuba; or as I did in internal affairs in settling the anthracite coal strike, in keeping order in Nevada this year when the Federation of Miners threatened anarchy, or as I have done in bringing the big corporations to book – why, in all these cases I have felt not merely that my action was right in itself, but that in showing the strength of, or in giving strength to, the executive, I was establishing a precedent of value.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In both domestic and foreign affairs, that meant seizing the initiative, constitutionally or not, from Congress, and in international relations it meant that the United States would force its way onto the world stage to take its rightful place among the great powers. Long gone was the view of Charles Pinckney, who had said that[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]we mistake the object of our Government if we hope or wish that it is to make us respectable abroad. Conquest or superiority among other Powers is not, or ought never to be, the object of republican systems. If they are sufficiently active and energetic to rescue us from contempt, and preserve our domestic happiness and security, it is all we can expect from them – it is more than almost any other government ensures to its citizens.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Instead of this classical vision of the American republic, Roosevelt solidified trends toward centralization that had been at work since the 1860s and institutionalized what amounted to a revolution in the American form of government. His legacy is cherished by neoconservatives and other nationalists but deplored by Americans who still possess a lingering attachment to the republic the framers established."[/FONT]

- www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods140.html

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of whether they have been bad or good people I think that all of our presidents after Grover Cleveland left office have not been good for the sustaining of our consitutional republic - some worse than others.

And even going back further, Abraham Lincoln was one of the worst in this regards. He may have "saved" the existing republic as it stood in 1860 but he also sowed the seeds of its eventual destruction.

#12 KenH, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is One Difference....

..... the Tea Party is not in charge. Obama is, and his tea party type group is known as czars, or better yet, "Useful idiots".

Bob, you really need to quit blaming the Tea Party for everything that comes down the pike :laugh:

14. billwald

billwald New Member

The stage was set by the FIRST American Revolution instigated by the Continental Congress in Philly. All the warnings of the Anti-Federalists came to pass.

The name of our country, The United States Of America, is a PC lie. In 1800 "state" meant "sovereign nation. We should be called "The United Provinces of America."