1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama and Homosexual Pride

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jun 26, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Didn't take long did it?

Military to recognize gay troops this month

By Pauline Jelinek - The Associated Press
    Posted : Friday Jun 15, 2012 12:04:52 EDT

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Friday thanked gay and lesbian military members for their service, as the Pentagon prepares to mark June as gay pride month with an official salute.

In a remarkable sign of a cultural change in the U.S. military, Panetta said that with the repeal last year of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” law that prohibited gays from serving openly in the military, gays and lesbians can now be proud to be in uniform.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/...e-month-military-recognize-gay-troops-061412/

2. mandym

mandym New Member

So much for homosexuals serving quietly

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I am thankful for anyone who volunteers get themselves killed for Big Oil because I don't want my grand kids running to Canada to escape the draft.

If the draft was reinstated first thing I would do would be to buy a house or condo in Canada so the grand kids would have a safe haven.

4. targus

targus New Member

How does this relate to the OP?

Are they gay?

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

As far as I know the Pentagon doesn't celebrate women in the military or blacks, hispanics or Asians, so why gays?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suspect it is orders from Obama the great! One would think that the American people would see the hypocrisy of Obama and spew him out!

7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

You stated it, "One would think" and that is the problem at hand today in America, people don't think.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Nailed it!

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The changes we are seeing are simply the symptoms of the real problem. This is much like a cancer that starts deep within, unseen, and then suddenly everyone sees, but because other symptoms were rejected for so long and lived with the actual sight of the spots, scabs and blemishes no longer seem so serious so the cancer continues to thrive as it rises to the surface.
    It all comes from compromise which the church has done. We are to be the salt and light and things like this should be a warning to us about our own condition, not that of the world for as the church goes so goes the nation.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/devotions/audio/d_000627_1.mp3