1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama and Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jan 15, 2015.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you're going to abandon thought and discussion and go what seems like poorly veiled racism? Or does Texan with brown eyes mean something different in the Carolinas?

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, for the record, my eyes aren't brown

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You abandoned thought in your post #22 and attempted to slime me so we really have nothing to discuss!

I have taken the trouble to emphasize the slime you spread!

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it doesn't mean something different in the Carolinas and you're a racist? I didn't miss what you were trying to say?

I haven't written anything I wouldnt have said to you face to face. I somehow doubt you would be as "brave" in person. Well that and the fact I don't have brown eyes, which would really make you look foolish....oh wait, maybe you would.?!

BTW, If you want make a racist remark, just come out and say it, why hide? There isn't much you could come up with, I haven't already heard and it only serves to highlight your ignorance.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The tactics beat down the public disfavor with the present government with fear of a ubiquitous, and nebulous threat so that the same masses ultimately seek protection from the government, and conform to the government's political order and agenda as a quid pro quo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2DeduiHeWU

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what being a brown-eyed Texan means in either Texas or the Carolinas but I have an idea what it means in the among the frozen chosen in the Nawth. It's -7 meaning our sixth day in a row of sub-zero weather and I really don't want to go out and get the mail out of the box. Being so cold, we get to stand in the front window of the house and contemplate things such as the meaning of a brown-eyed Texan.

Back in the day -way back at the turn of the previous century - Henry Ford's Model T didn't have a dipstick. There were two ways of checking the oil. The first was to look at the ground under your T. If there ain't any oil under it there ain't any oil in it. The second way was to install an aftermarket sight glass. A sight glass is a glass tube inside a brass fixture that is plumbed to the oil pan. With a glance you could tell how much oil was in the engine by how much oil was in the glass. In other words it was a window to the deep inner workings of your Model T Ford.

The human eye, as Jesus said, is the lamp of the body. It is a sight glass to the inner workings. If the eye is brown there must be a reason for it. For those of us with time to muse down wind of a dairy barn we can only draw one conclusion - the level of bovine excrement has reached full as indicated in the sight glass.

You were mighty hasty to pull that "racist' trigger. Had I used a phrase such as brown-eyed Texan it would have nothing to do with genetic predisposition for the color of one's pupil. I would have used the phrase as an oblique way of telling you what I thought you were full of. :thumbs:

So now why don't you tell the rest of us what a brown-eyed Texan means to a Texan.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know what Old means by the statement, he won't say. Around these parts to reference someone as brown eyed would be a dig at their heritage and or race. It would not be understood as your full of it. If that is what Old meant, well...he's living up to his name but he should also say so.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: