1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama campaign worker helps set up anti-Dobson site

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Caldwell, who is affiliated with the website JamesDobsonDoesntSpeakForMe.com, initially told OneNewsNow that the website was operated by Matthew 25, a political action committee working with Obama supporters. However, upon investigation, it was found that the site was actually registered to Alyssa Martin, an intern in the Obama campaign's "religious affairs" department. The domain registration has since been changed to Pastor Caldwell's name.

In an earlier interview, Caldwell told OneNewsNow he did not know Alyssa Martin, but on Thursday afternoon admitted the intern had been helping him set up the website. He also reported that to his knowledge, she is no longer with the Obama campaign.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

This is ignorant, Obama setting up web sites against those who speak out against him. How much more ignorant can you get, I'm sure he'll show us.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Barack Obama did not set up the website, Donna. Get the facts straight.

2. Your title is wrong according to the part of the article you posted, Pastor Mitchell. It is a former campaign worker. Get the facts straight.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Fact Ken,
    she works for obama's campaign, then it is him setting up the site, do you think campaign workers come up with their own campaign plans and impliment them on their own, not likely.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Donna, I kindly suggest that you at least glance at the story before you post. From the story: "she is no longer with the Obama campaign".

It is also interesting that when I searched Google News that this story on shows up on the AFA site(OneNewsNow) and on WND. Not exactly good places to get one's news from as they are primarily agenda-pushing sites, not news sites.

FTR, I am totally opposed to abortion for any reason. However, abortion does not drive my vote. For me it is one issue among a plethora of others.

#5 KenH, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The title is copied for the article.

2. The person who suggested that "to the best of his knowledge she is no longer with the campaign" is the same guy who lied about having anything to do with it in the first place. His credibility is shot.

#6 Revmitchell, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Obama fails on many issues.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. So you just post what anyone feeds you even when the article contradicts the title????

2. Then prove his statement is incorrect. I doubt you can. I doubt you will even try. The conservative way has become smear, smear, smear and the facts can take a hike.

#8 KenH, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he does, as does John Sidney McCain III and every other politician.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He has no credibility. He lied about being involved with the site to begin with. That nerve of yours seems to have gotten a little closer to the surface of the skin.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. It is the anti-Obama forces whose nerves are getting very flayed. They have thrown about every smear imaginable at Senator Obama and he is still headed for victory on November 4.

12. JerryL

JerryL New Member

So... as with the credibility thing, since Bush lied about WMD's, is his credibility shot?

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The shot credibility is with those who say he lied about it. If your going to be consistent you need to include a whole bunch of other people in that lie as well. Ether way I am not a Bush supporter.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know how anyone 'lied' about wmd, because Iraq used wmd on their own people, they had to have them to use them. The whole world seems to know this.

15. JerryL

JerryL New Member

They used them on their own people at what time? He could have killed them 20 years ago for all we know, all they found were the bones. The commitee composed to come to a conclusion on this question formed an opinion and wrote it on paper that their conclusion was that he lied. The whole world seems to know Bush lied, except for a few people here in the US. Either way, I'm with the other poster, "Crawford, Tx. gets their village idiot back". I'm glad.

#15 JerryL, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are more than bones as evidence.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the 1980s when Saddam Hussein was on good terms with the United States government.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing is certain

Caldwell is a liar.

The other thing that is certain is that the article does not say the site was set up by a former campaign worker.

It says Caldwell, now a known liar, that "to his knowledge" she isn't employed by the Obama campaign any more.

But, we already know he's a liar.

Get your facts straight, Ken, before you challenge someone else over theirs. ;)

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then prove that she is still an employee of Senator Obama's campaign. I doubt that you can.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why bother?

Our disagreement is over your misrepresentation of what the article actually "says".

I don't know whether she is or not. Neither do you. And neither does the known liar, Caldwell. According to the source article.

Maybe you should prove she isn't. Since that is your contention.