1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama defends Sarah Palin "Back off!"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Sep 1, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Obama Says Palin’s Family Is ‘Off Limits’
    Amy Chozick reports from Monroe, Mich., on the presidential race.

Barack Obama had harsh words for reporters asking about Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s pregnant teenage daughter: Don’t go there.

“I think people’s families are off limits and I think people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president and so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,” Obama told reporters after a Labor Day BBQ in Monroe, Mich.

The response comes after Palin and her husband, Todd, released a statement that their 17-year-old unmarried daughter, Bristol, is five-months pregnant. A rumor circulating the blogosphere claims someone inside the Obama campaign leaked the pregnancy to the media. An unnamed McCain aide said the same to Reuters, according to the news wire service’s report.

Obama said he was “offended” by the accusation.

Obama to Media, Politicos on Palin Pregnancy Story: 'Back Off!'
    September 01, 2008 2:28 PM

At a brief press availability in Monroe, Mich., ABC News asked Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., if he had any response to Gov. Sarah Palin's statement that her unmarried 17-year-old daughter Bristol is pregnant.

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits," Obama said, "and people's children are especially off limits.

"This shouldn't be part of our politics," he continued, "It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.

"And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories," he said. "You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off limits."

Asked about the insinuation from the McCain campaign that the liberal bloggers trafficking in rumors about Palin write for websites that mention Obama, the senator said, "I'm offended by that."

I agree with President Obama and God bless him for responding quickly but my deal with Sarah Palin is the total of bad judgements not just one but with correction to heart, I take this good Christians defense of this woman to heart.

Will try to get the youtube video to this later

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Maybe there is hope for this campaign. There has been grace shown by both parties over the last week or so.

Good job, now if his supporters will follow suit.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I applaud Senator Obama for this. :applause:

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You know Roger, you're right. I may have to eat my words about McCain not getting it. I think both candidates see America is tired of the mud slinging and want to hear about the issues.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I especially applaud him from bringing down his own street and placing it in his mailbox when he said, "my mother had me etc...". When have you seen a politician in a campaign say my house is made of glass etc...?

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Obama is spot on. However, I wish he had started this on Friday when his side's spinners and bloggers were putting out the balderdash that Palin's baby is actually Bristol's child.

At any rate, better late than never.

Now, I'm going to go plug my ears because they're debating on TV whether Obama is doing this for political reasons.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

From your lips to God's ears. Don't bet on it, though.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, please. If he had said something on Friday at 6:00 p.m. you would have been complaining that he hadn't started at 3:00 p.m.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How much can Obama do to stop a blogger not on his payroll?

I know the Obama camp is getting al the blame but there has been no proof.