1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Doesn't Think You Need Jesus To Be Saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Baptist4life, Apr 9, 2008.

1. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you ignoring the fact that you are misrepresenting the facts on this case and applying them to Bush and the Patriot Act? And by the way, if this is the best example you have, it's weak!

They are not doing any snooping on me but since you are so concerned about yourself, I would stop doing what you are doing to cause this government to "snoop" on you.

There must be some reason they are watching you.

Dave

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Dave, can you read? I never said they are snooping on me or you, or that either of us are doing anything to be suspects. However, the government has usurped rights of privacy and security in our homes and communications. This is a fact you choose to ignore. I for one, am not willing to cede such power as legitimate.

I also never said the Tattered Cover case was a USA PATRIOT case. I cited it as an example of abuse and erosion of privacy rights in Bush's reich.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, MP, you know that a lot of conservatives only want government snooping on poeple on the left, not the right. And a lot of conservatives believe that if the government is snooping on you, well, you must be guility of something. They evidently slept through the portion of civics class in high school when the "innocent unless proven guilty" principle was discussed.

4. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you present facts that it is being done to US citizens like you and I? Marshal law can be invoked also, does that now concern you?

Does the patriot act concern you because Bush is president? Would it concern you if Obama was president? Did Obama say he will obolish the Patriot Act? If not, why not?

Was this patriot Act voted on? Who voted it in? By whose authority was it enacted?

Dave

5. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    mmmm, something to think about. Snooping on the evil empire. We'll have to bring that up at the next meeting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

6. Magnetic Poles

Of course it concerns me. It is irrelevant if it HAS been done...it is the fact that it is unconstitutional.

Dave, if you want answers to your questions about the news, read a bit more. You of couse know that the Congress has been a rubber stamp for Bushco/Halliburton Inc's war profiteers, rolling over and playing dead. However, to the question, I don't want ANY president having powers of the USA PATRIOT Act. None. GOP, Democrat, Libertarian, or any other. Do you? And for the third time...have you read the act?

#26 Magnetic Poles, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  7. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I have!

8. Magnetic Poles

Obviously from your comments then, your comprehension didn't kick in. I suggest a reread. But then, you continually misrepresent my statements, so a class in remedial reading & comprehension would be in order, would it not?

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Obama is a politician with an agenda not a Baptist preacher.

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see arguments here that could be used against the bill of rights.

Why protect against unreasonable searches and seizures? If you aren't doing anything wrong, you won't have anything searched!

I'm against giving the government any potential to abuse its authority. Man is exceedingly wicked, and depravity rears its ugly head often in government.

11. Magnetic Poles

Thank God!

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave,
    Since the Patriot Act went into effect, there have been news reports of thousands of phone records that government organizations requested. There have been news reports of warrantless wiretapping done by government organizations. Most recently, there was a "flap" on the Hill about continuing these monitoring activities.

If you don't believe it's happening, you're grossly misinformed.

The Patriot Act, and other bills, and other executive orders, were intended to stop terrorists NOW; but the effect is that anyone can be a terrorist, and at any particular grouping of words, you could suddenly be investigated, found not guilty, and left alone--without your knowledge.

Obama hasn't been asked about the Patriot Act. If he gets elected--I hope not--then I hope he'll do something about. But I don't think he will.

As the song goes: Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

My dog will know, and they will know my dog!:D

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

He's undercover muslim, you just wait and see!

15. grace56

grace56 New Member

As A professed Christian I believe how we vote does make a difference to God. To me how a canidate votes on Abortion issues is the most important by a mile!!!!! Obama thinks it's ok to abort a child even if the due date is tomorrow.

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Makes him an accomplice to murder!

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's my biggest fear. If this turns out to be true, the US is closer to being a muslim country than we realize. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and the antichrist will not be far behind

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Besides, George Bush also thinks that all sincere religious people are going to heaven.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Source or quote?

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Don't have it to hand, but in the 2004 campaign ihe said in an interview that Muslims were making their way to heaven. I'll try to dig it up but it was 4 years ago.

Found it

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=193746&page=1

#40 NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008