1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Endorses Postpartum Abortion?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"When you get right down to it," the Illinois Senator said before an audience at the recent Stem Cells R Us Annual Convention, "What difference does two or three minutes inside or outside the womb really make? One's 'late-term' and the other's 'postpartum'. Who's to say if the postpartum fetus is truly viable? Postpartum fetuses die all the time for all manner of reasons..."

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/erush/2007/er_07261.shtml

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Is this reproted anywhere esle?

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I don't believe that's an Obama quote and I don't believe there is an organization known as "Stem Cells R Us". If Obama was in favor of postpartum abortions I would give him points for at least being consistent. It's far more than the other baby killers are.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

The "Stem cells R Us' phrase could just be a negative reference to a convention held by those who support government funded stemcell research. My concern is this is just a blog in essence and he failed to quote a source other than the conference. He did not say if he was at the conference and heard it first hand or if he is just commenting on what is being reported elsewhere. I think I will email him and ask for the source. Until we see that, the quote has no real credibility.

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The writer is not quoting Obama, he made it up.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And what is your source?

7. mnw

mnw New Member

I am not sure if it is true, but a number of websites are carrying the story. Though the trail seems to go back to one guy in most cases.

But, there are individuals in positions of influence who believe such things. I think there is a Peter Singer who believes/believed that parents should be able to abort even weeks AFTER the child was born.

So, the position is held by some already. Whether Obama goes for it I do not know.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

However it would not surprise me as at least one other far left nut Barbara Boxer stood on the floor of the house and said the same thing. Only she said the child was not a child until the mother took it home.

http://www.nrlc.org/news/1999/NRL1199/boxsan.html

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The article itself demonstrates it. He was being sarcastic and contrasting the premise to Obama's actual statements about age-appropriate sex education for kindergarteners.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

yea I have questions about the article much for the same reasons. But that is not enough to determine the validity of the quote.

11. rdschoepf

rdschoepf New Member

Obama's non-quote

I emailed Erik Rush, the author of this piece and he responded this way, "It's a theoretical extrapolation. If you re-read it in context, you'll see what I mean.
    Best,
    Erik

Apparently Mr. Rush was only going to the next logical conclusion of Mr. Obama's comment that he would give sex education to kindergartners as long as it was 'age appropriate.'

Mr. Rush wasn't very clear in the article and he made it appear he was quoting the Senator, when he was putting words in his mouth to make a point.

Roger
    :type:

12. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Why would kindergartners need sex-ed? That's just wrong and perverted.
    No one needs sex-ed.

Postpartum abortion would mean that the babies thrown into the trash at the prom or any where would not be a crime. If a baby is out of the womb it is as viable as it is in the womb.

No form of murder should be legal. Who's to say the person down the street is viable? Why is it considered a crime to murder someone who might deserve it?

:tongue3: