1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Explains Small Town America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 11, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is too! How old are we exactly? What does Jesus call those who hate each other? I'm a follower of Christ. Put two plus two together...

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

What's wrong Webdog, can't you answer a simple question?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Correct...I abhor homesexuality and the murder of our unborn. It's quite pittiful you do not.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can't add 2 + 2 can we?

Maybe mommy can help after nappy-nap time...

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

And you think this response is adult like?

BTW, I'm somewhat older than you, and probably much wiser! :laugh:

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

An adult would see sarcasm :rolleyes:

Reading your views here on the BB, I'd hardly think you were wiser. More worldly, maybe.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Definitely politically more astute. :thumbs:

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " The right-wing just hates, period, dragonfly. It may be a result of self-hatred."

How ignorant!

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Right wing? Hillary is the one jumping on this and calling Obama "elitist." Little did Hillary know that, according to those on the Baptist Board, that she's the Right Wing Conspiracy :laugh:

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The secret is out. :laugh:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ok, you and WD got me for using of the word honest so I will have to resort to the Clinton defence...

It depends on your definiton of IS... :thumbs:

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Your need to belittle those you disagree with and the anger that drips from you postings belittle your supposed wisdom.

BTW, I'm twenty years older than you are, so shouldn't you at least speak respectfully to those who are your elder, even when you disagree?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you are four years older than me, dragonfly...sir. :)

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Age doesn't make one wiser or smarter who are guys trying to fool anyway? Man, I'm older than dirt but I'm still here arguing the long time obvious with people who can't take their eyes of short term details.

Am I wise to do that? No! No by a long shot! I just can't give up on ya without trying to help at least a couple of ya see what's staring you in the face. And I ain't getting any younger so would a couple of ya just pick up the pace a tad bit?

Hmmmm?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like I have asked you NUMEROUS time..."pot or kettle"?

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I just read a series of articles which stated Obama was right even though they would have expressed it differently. Are frustrated and angry with business as usual.

I think he also meant many of us fall back on religion when times get tough, friends are few and all hope is lost. I'm not saying these are the good Christians but there are certainly those who do this. We also turn to our guns when we feel our security is at risk. This is opposed to execting the government to defend you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/us/politics/13campaign.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&ref=us&oref=slogin

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people, especially on the conservative side of the aisle, get their noses out of joint over cultural issues that the president has very liitle impact on in this country.

19. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think there's truth in what you're saying. Certainly you have to listen before you can understand! But I think a lot of "listening" by politicians is done just to give people a warm cozy feeling for the benefit of getting their votes. They "understand" that!

The real agenda of the politicians like Obama is not to address these issues in the manner people believe he will. The "answers" will lead to more government and more taxes. In the long term we won't get anything but that. Politicians like this use hot issues to gain favor with the implication they'll do something to help but in the end they won't, can't, and probably have no real intention of doing so. It's all about buying votes with promises. This goes for all parties!

I don't disagree regarding some of the crazy things our government does regarding making it less attractive for business here in the USA. But, the most beneficial thing that could be done - eliminate all corporate income tax for example - will never be touched despite the fact that in the end all taxes are paid by individuals along with whatever handling fees - corporate tax accountants and lawyers included - have been added along the way.

The secret to a strong economy is money in the hands of the people with good ideas and a desire to make more money off them. People like this will generate work for others and build a platform from which they also can leverage their own ideas and risk taking. The best times in this country came about by the efforts of entrepreneurs and the workers for which their ideas provided jobs. Any money taken by the government works against that. It always has and it always will.

The less meddling the government does with free and fair trade the better. I think both aspects of that are equally important. If it's not fair because of a tax structure that favors one country, one industry, one product, one group, etc. over another then it's being subsidized to effect the outcome for some political reason. But if it's not free then it restricts competition in some way that will eventually bring about the downfall of those who think they're benefiting from the restrictions.

#79 Dragoon68, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  20. rbell

rbell Active Member

I think you mean Stevens...he's the Ford appointee.

Souter just looks 87.

No doubt about it though....whoever the next president is is overwhelmingly likely to appoint one justice...and possibly 2-3.