1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama gets better rating than McCain, Dems better than Pubs on Credit Crisis

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 29, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    U.S. Leaders Not Getting High Marks on Credit Crisis

by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- A USA Today/Gallup poll conducted Friday and Saturday finds more Americans disapproving than approving of how most of the major national political players have handled the recent problems on Wall Street.

Only Barack Obama squeaks by with more Americans approving than disapproving of his performance on the issue, 46% to 43%.

- details at www.gallup.com:80/poll/110782/US-Leaders-Not-Getting-High-Marks-Crisis.aspx

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again KenH gives a false title to the op. About as honorable as Obama's campaign:

"Bottom Line

Though Obama and McCain have offered prescriptions for the Wall Street crisis, and McCain attempted to demonstrate his commitment to solving it by dramatically suspending his campaign last week and returning to Washington, neither candidate has won majority public approval on the issue. Obama outscores McCain in approval on the issue 46% to 37%, mostly because his fellow Democrats rate his response more highly than Republicans rate McCain's.

In terms of winning over the political center where most swing voters reside, however, the jury still seems to be out. Obama and McCain receive nearly identical ratings from political independents for their handling of the Wall Street crisis, and they're not positive. Only about a third of independents approve of the way each candidate has responded.

As Americans take a few days to digest Friday night's debate and Sunday's compromise bailout plan, their reviews of the political players' performances on the issue could change. The initial finding, however, is that with the near-Wall Street collapse putting U.S. credit and housing markets in serious jeopardy, and setting up worrisome forecasts for wages and jobs, Americans may be in no mood to dole out praise on the issue."

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who looks at the chart at the link knows that I am telling the truth. You need to retract your personal attack against me.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The title is false. Neither Obama nor the Dems got a better "rating". That isn't even the title to the actual article nor does it imply such.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think you're confusing the political center with undecided voters. I agree the jury is still out but in this election there are so many variables making up the undecided that politically center is not an accurate description.

Now what I think is funny, McCain is blaming the voting failure on Obama phoning in his support and not going to DC. What he doesn't seem to understand is American knows he was in DC but not at the Capitol. He in effect phones his effort in also. He could have made those calls from anywhere in the world, he didn't have to be in his DC condo. Why won't he accept the fact that he sold a show that no one bought.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The word 'lie' is becoming far to common around here. If we are going to allow it from one side we will have to allow it from the other. Tim to lighten up folks.

The title is not a lie, but it is deceptive. Here is the article title:

The news is that no one is doing well, Ken's title is misleading in that it tries to make one side look 'good.'

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not confusing anything. I quoted the article hence the quotation marks.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

When one intentionally misleads or deceives it is a lie.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

This shows that people haven't done their homework! If they had they'd know that McCain pushed for action in 2005, if not earlier, on the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac risks while the Democrats resisted. What was Obama doing back then? Forget the polls - dig into the facts!

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That is your definition. No matter how unpopular another poster's views may be he is not to be called a liar.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. My title does not indicate majority support for anybody. It indicates that Obama got higher marks than McCain and the Democrats got higher marks than the Republicans. That is a true statement.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Your title reflects your personal bias and slant on the story. To my mind that is no better that some of the stuff that comes from the other direction.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C4K
    The title is not a lie, but it is deceptive.

Of course you do, but using deceptive titles is a habit of yours. This is hardly an isolated occurrence.

It's a sign that you have some deepseated insecurities and are afraid you will be ignored if you don't "juice up" the title.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bu if they did homework they would also see Obama tried to pass similar legislation which McCain didn't support.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me what I said in the title that is inaccurate.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And like C4K keeps pointing out, Ken is the only one with this habit? Right.. :thumbs: :smilewinkgrin:

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Interesting

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then it should be easy for you to point out at least one inaccuracy in the title. But you can't. All you can do, simply because McCain's campaign is crumbling, is attack me personally, just like your buddy, Pastor Mitchell.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You are digging Ken, and in so doing reflecting on yourself no better than some of the titles and comments that you have so vehemently criticised in the past.

A causal read of your title would make one think that Obama had this thing licked, but the truth is that the story is a battle in futility and mediocrity.

Sure Obama, according to this one source is not doing as badly as the rest, but that is hardly a good reflection on him.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words, Roger, my title is accurate. And I would like for all of the personal attacks against me concerning it by Pastor Mitchell and carpro should be immediately deleted.

I think that conservatives had best worry less about thread titles and concentrate on my substantive issues, such as the substantive issue of John McCain's campaign crumbling, crumbling, crumbling.

#20 KenH, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008