1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama High?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Students at Colorado's Boulder High School are trying to get it renamed Barack Obama High School.

CLICK HERE

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What a waste of taxpayer dollars. Can you imagine everything that would need to be changed to facilitate a name change like this? The cost would be huge!

Of course the kids don't think about that. The club president said, "....really make much more of a difference than just putting up a new sign." He thinks it is just putting up a new sign? Please, does he realize the amount of stuff that has the school's name on it?

BTW, this isn't an attack on President Obama. I'd think the same no matter what they wanted to rename the school. Well, maybe if they wanted to call it Wade High :).

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Meanwhile, Douglas County on the south side of Denver is cutting teachers, classes and programs for lack of funding.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think renaming a school is premature. I think we should let him finish out his term. You never know what might happen. If Obama gets embroiled in a scandal, it could be awkward.

5. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

It seems to me that it would be a mistake to rename a school (or anything else) for a sitting president. They could wait until he is finnished with his time in office they can look back to see what he did as president.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Don't worry MP, help is on the way. Hopefully those teachers will be there to educate our youth so they can become productive contributers to society...

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cultic nature of Obama-ism is alarming.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree and this is why I did not like it when they renamed Washington National Airport to Reagan National Airport while Reagan was still alive (I think), even though he was no longer president. I would oppose it anyway because they replaced our first President (Washington) with another one. I preferred Washington Nat'l Airport. I usually call it National Airport and only say the full name when I have to.

9. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Why would they want to disgrace their school? Ignorance is bliss at Boulder High...

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama High?

Well, not all the time, surely.

11. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Mr. President, when did you quit getting high? Has anyone ever asked this question?