1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama ignores Law, Encourages Others to do the Same

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Aug 1, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think what OR is saying is the republicans woulda, shoulda, coulda, didn't. But at least they aren't leftists. Sound about right OR? :)

2. independentDEM

independentDEM New Member

so we can do that now?

so we can pick n choose what laws to follow?

is it cool if I don't pay my taxes ? lol

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the flat head, poncho!:thumbsup::thumbs::thumbsup: If we could just do it to the Republicans, get their attention!

4. OldRegular

That seems to be the practice of Obama.

Only if you are the Secretary of the Treasury!

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Did you come to the conclusion of your last statement after an in depth analysis? Duhhhhh The trend basically started in 1988, or 24 years ago. Absolutes in the church are one thing, but it will never happen in politics. We are all flawed. That does not negate the fact that some in the past have been better leaders than others, and there is always a person who will do less damage to the nation.

What have you done to change the quality of the nominees from what we have had to deal with in recent elections besides griping every four years?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is a couple kinds of compromise. One is where you give up some of what is right and accept wrong to get some portion of what is right. This is not of the Lord. The other kind is to give up a particular way of acheiving what is right and still end up with the same right. This is of the Lord. In other words in the first you are giving up some good for evil to get some part of good. The second is giving up your idea how to accomplish the good for another idea that accomplishes the same good. The first is taking a different road and ending up in a different place. The second is taking another route and ending up in the place desired.
    The last is permissible, but the church is doing the prior as well is the government. As I mentioned I think it was Spurgeon who said if faced with choosing the lessor of two evils, DON'T!

7. OldRegular

Meanwhile back at the OP ranch!