1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama in bed with terrorist group Hamas?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A conservative leader and former presidential candidate is deeply concerned about a published report that advisors to Barack Obama held a secret meeting with a leading member of the terrorist group Hamas during the last few weeks of the election campaign.

Ahmed Yousef, the senior political advisor to Hamas's "prime minister," told a London-based newspaper that the meeting took place in Gaza between himself and a small number of Obama's policy advisors. Yousef reportedly was told by the emissaries that he should not say anything about the meetings, lest it give support to Obama's Republican rival John McCain.

More Herehttp://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Default.aspx?id=315920

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I appreciate your honesty in putting a question mark in the title. Thank you.

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
  3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can any problem be resolved if the parties involved refuse to talk to each other?

Remember the advice to newly weds, "Never go to bed angry with each other. Talk it out."

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should actually read the article.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

This part of the article bothers me:

It doesn't really matter if this report is false? If not, why would a reputable news source report it?

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did and my question still stands. Isn't it always better to talk than to sulk, to ignore, to demonize?

How can there ever be any understanding if there is no communication?

"Come let us reason together." Isaiah 1:18

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you fail to understand the nature of terrorists.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I think you have inadvertantly hit the nail on the head. People are afraid Obama is in bed with terrorists, not just Hamas.

Ayers, Obama's old buddy, is supposedly, according to Fox News, coming out with a revised edition of his book in which he reveals just how close his relationship with Obama is.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you fail to understand the power of Christ's teaching about how we are to treat our enemy.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Apparently. right or wrong, considering the election results not too many are afraid of that.

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K is right. He would not have been elected if a majority of people believed this. It is an extreme position and one not to be taken seriously. He said during the campaign that he was willing to talk to our enemies...and I think that is a good thing. To talk is not to capitulate. To talk is not to give away the country. To talk is not even to trust. But it is a way of gaining understanding, to be understood and possibly to find a way out of the hatred and mess we find ourselves in.

Too many Christians put their faith in military might ... that is the wisdom of the world. Too few take Christ's commands of loving our enemy, to go the extra mile, to turn the other cheek seriously. Why? Because in their heart of hearts they do not believe in the widsom of Christ.

To talk is to take away one of the weapons of Hamas and of the leaders of Iran. They have used our refusal to talk as a weapon proving to their supporters that we are the "great satan" as they put it. If we agree to talk they will have to put up or shut up. A great weapon will have been taken away from them.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because regardless of truth this source will find something or manufacturer something to criticize Obama about. There is no seeking of truth, just condemnation. This is not an honest nor an ethical position to take.

13. targus

targus New Member

It is important to be able to separate the editorial portion from the quoted portion when reading an article such as this.

Bauer is not saying that it does not matter if the report is accurate.

He is saying that there are other (additional) things to be concerned about.

It is the writer of the article that is making assumptions about what Bauer thinks about the importance of whether the report is accurate or not.

Reading comprehension is important and seems to be generally lacking in political discussions. (Not you - just in general)

14. targus

targus New Member

Oh, please...

After your pathetic little exercise in disingenuosness with your silly attempt to defend a thread title that is a misrepresentation (Bush: Obama's win 'good for our country') that you posted...

Perhaps you should save the self-rightousness.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not create the title or the article. Just posted it for comment. You must realize you are on thin ice else you would not resort to attempted insult ... always a sign of a weak position.

16. targus

targus New Member

There you go again.

The title was a misrepresentation.

A simple reading of the article showed it to be so.

You did not care about truthfullness. You had an agenda.

And you continue to defend it with the pathetic - I didn't say it. I just repeated it.

Truth is not thin ice.

Admonishing hypocrisy is not insult.

Don't be so thin skinned - this is a political debate forum.

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you do not like the title send an e-mail to the publication. I did not write the title. Do you want me to rewrite it? Then I will get in trouble with other.

When you can be rational perhaps we can have a rational discussion. Insults only show the weakness you feel in your position and/or immaturity.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

obama buddies up with terrorists and no one cares.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If Bauer spoke in clear English it would help.

He said, it did not really matter if this was true or not. If that is the case, why post it?

20. Reformer

Reformer New Member

Have you all forgotten, this is America, Terrorists have rights...........Probably more than you.