1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Must First, EARN My Respect

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I understand your comment. I was thinking of respect in the sense that each person has worth. One of my little philosophies of my life is that any person that I meet can be my teacher in one way or another and thus I should show respect to that person. I agree that criminials should be punished, no doubt about that. But as you said, and I totally agree, that because they are a person of worth they should be treated humainely.

Even if I completely disagreed with all of Obama's ideas and stances I still feel I own him respect considering what he has done with his life, gaining an education, and rising to the level he has reached.

As you probably know from reading other posts I have many issues where I believe our 43rd president was wrong. However, I respect him in what he has been able to do in and with his life.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gasp! I think we actually agree for once!:laugh:

I do like your idea that we can learn something from others. That is good to remember.