1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama on Oreilly tonight

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

My wife brought up a good point just now. She said that Obama's sudden agreement to go on the show may be an attempt to use the conservative media to deflect attention away from McCains acceptance speech.

He has turned down Fox for over a year and now suddenly accepts? Hmmm, makes a person wonder what his motive is.

AJ

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I have been really tired this week because I've been working some REALLY long hours - but I think O'Reilly said something along the lines that he was suspicious of the timing himself last night when I was trying to stay up to watch Palin's speech. He'd waited so long for Obama to come on though that he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity because he might not get it again.

3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Hmmm....interesting......If I were O'Reilly I think I would have called his bluff and told him any other night but tonight.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

My thoughts exactly - but I don't need the ratings. I've got the same viewing crowd day in and day out ;)

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Originally Posted by PamelaK
    Hmmm....interesting......If I were O'Reilly I think I would have called his bluff and told him any other night but tonight.

My thoughts exactly - but I don't need the ratings. I've got the same viewing crowd day in and day out ;)

Very true, Bitsy!! :laugh:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Many of the Liberal media thinks Obama is taking more of a risk then McCain choosing Palin. He's obviously trying to rebut all that the Republican Convention has said about him during this convention but I question if this is the place to take the fight.

As for the timing, it's no different than when McCain dropped his BOMB on America.