1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Our Leader

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

For those of you who insist Obama displayed no leadership, here is some information to naw on...

Obama pushed this record breaking piece of legislation through Congress being in office less than 2-1/2 weeks. Compared to past presidents he is way ahead of the curve. According to this article, Clinton didn't pass his $19 billion stimulus plan until August and Bush had just begun selling his $1.6 trillion plan to cut taxes.

Not too bad for a man with no executive experience... :thumbsup:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/13/AR2009021303475.html?hpid=topnews

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If a Republican president had pushed a bill through a Republican Congress and the Congress did not have time to read the bill the Washington Post would be up in arms. Obama does the same thing and he's a hero.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Obama didn't push it through. Pelosi and Reid did.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WOW! How great Obama is for getting a bill passed through his own team! :applause:

Let's see, I have ten votes on my side and you have say three. How fast do you think I can get what I want?

:wavey:

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Perface: I don't support this stimulus bill.

So, are we to agree that when things go "wrong" it's Pelosi and Reid's fault and not Obama's and if things go "right" who get the credit?

I don't support this bill, but I do believe good or bad, right or wrong Obama got this pushed through and passed.

He deserves credit for the mess or the help which ever way you see it... Pelosi and Reid has shown in the past they can't get anything done, so this, in my opinion must have come from Obama.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Veto power m'friend. When that is no threat t'aint hard to get liberal legislation thru a liberal congress.

Now if you had said "--Pelosi and Reid has shown in the past they can't get anything worthwhile/constructive/beneficial to the people done,--", then I would have agreed 100%!

7. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

It is not hard to get a bill passed when no one is given time to even read it!

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Under whose direction?

9. targus

targus New Member

Pelosi.

Reid is just her milktoast yes man.

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No, the point was about Obama's leadership. Think about it: Obama said he wanted this to be bipartisan. Yet it wasn't. So obvious, this wasn't Obama's leadership at work. He didn't get what he said he wanted.

No, they can get things done. Previously, they did not have enough votes to get things done. That's why they couldn't.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Pelosi's direction. As I pointed out, Obama said he wanted bipartisanship. He didn't get it. So if this is his leadership, it is not very good leadership. Or he wasn't honest about what he wanted.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Obama attempted to be bipartisan by extending is hand to the Republicans and except for 3 Republicans they slapped his hand away. From now on I think that President Obama and the Democrats in the Congress should work with only those 3 Republicans and ignore the rest of them.

13. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When you make deals with the devil, you cannot expect bi-partisanship, in spite of requesting it...

Remember GWB tried bi-partisan partnerships throughout his entire Presidency, (foolishly in my opinion) and his offers were consistently rebuffed, and condemnation was hurled at him for 8 full years.....

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No he made a show and nothing more. He simply wanted them to see things only his way and they rejected it as they should have.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Like him or not, the President is the most energetic and hard working man to hold the office in a long time. Unlike Bush, who said, "It's hard work. I'm workin' hard!"

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

That's a play on words... Any one smart enough to know better knows that Obama will say stuff to get elected and then turn around and not follow through. That is different that ANY other POTUS how? Why the hard standard towards Obama, where were you when Bush did similar things? Say one thing, mean another?

Also, even though we all know there isn't such a thing as true bipartisanship, at least Obama is attempting.. Maybe not as much as he is saying, or as mush as we would like, but he has, in my opinion done more than other POTUS's have.

I don't have faith and them getting anything done, or maybe as one user suggested and may be a better think, they don't have the ability to get anything done worth while, but they are not alone. It's just the way it's played in Washington sadly.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Most of us think Obama extended his hand of bipartisanship and invited the GOP to the table of discussion but it was refused. Because he is only part of the equation he should receive partial credit for it's failure.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is the point, how does the GOP come to the table with this attitude then blame Obama with bipartisanship doesn't happen.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Who is "most of us"?

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

"A show" was more than was reciprocated from the other side of the isle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.