1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama - Pakistan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Feb 17, 2009.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What did JustChristian say:

Originally Posted by JustChristian
    "Infiltrating Pakistan with CIA agents and taking out the leaders of the Taliban. We know how to do this. We've done it for decades."

Attacking your allies is just the greatest idea in history isn't it? It seems strange to me why even Christians have an attitude of killing their friends.

Now, as to your quotes, it would be good for you to take out a map of Pakistan and look at it and find out where the Swat area is that is referred to. That is the area where these negotiations are being made concerning the Taliban and Sharia Law. As I said previously, it is in the far northern reaches of Pakistan, where, ever since the inception of Pakistan, no government of Pakistan has been able to rule. They are tribal areas that have their own laws. In reality there is nothing much that is really changing. It is only superficial. Swat is somewhat detached from the main part of Pakistan. It would do one some good to study the actual geography or place being discussed before jumping in with both feet.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Never mind

#42 saturneptune, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

How does this compare to invading a country with 150,000 troops and planning to stay there for at least 10 years? Aren't you being very hypocritical?

4. targus

targus New Member

Come on. Why don't you even try to address the question?

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

heck, we've attacked our own citizens in the last 8 years. We might as well do this. You see the problem is Obama believes that we should actually go after and kill or capture the terrorists instead of fighting a useless war in Iraq. George Bush said he was no longer interested in capturing bin Laden. What in blazes does that mean? he'd had his little (big) war and now he was tiring of going after terrorists?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can't............

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I never watch CNN. I do not have an arm chair in the den, but two couches. Those two facts there tell me that you do not have a clue as to what you are talking about. Your handy dandy mission trips do not make you an international issues expert. I have been to many more countries than you, and spent many more years in them than you can imagine. That does not make me an expert either, but it sure does not you. Whether Canadian, or world view, I could care less what you or other nations think of the United States. Either view is dripping with liberalism and makes ones stomach turn. You are welcome to get your government to sponser the UN in your country. I will agree that your source of information is not CNN, it seems to be the Twilight Zone.

I do not need your permission to take on any attitude. I do not agree with the bombing of Pakistan, nor was I a real fan of the Iraq war. You assume much.

I certainly do not need a lecture about patriotism from someone who does not have any idea what the real cost of freedom means, and if I had to guess, never lifted a finger in service.

If I had my way, the United States would be completely self sufficient, and dependent on no other nation. We would be out of the UN, with maybe a few bilateral treaties with our true allies. I never realized how liberal you were till this thread.