1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama says he’ll veto bill that mandates Obamacare for himself, Congress

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 17, 2013.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

President Barack Obama is reportedly telling congressional officials he will veto any debt-ceiling bill from Congress that includes the so-called Vitter amendment, which would make the Affordable Care Act applicable to senior executive branch officials, including the president and vice president.

The amendment, offered by U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., and supported by House Republican leaders, would also apply to Congress, according to Politico.

You might call the Vitter amendment the “eat the food you cooked, sleep in the bed you made” proposal.

“This is really about fairness, making sure that Washington is forced to live under the same train wreck of Obamacare that is forced on the rest of America,” Vitter said in a statement on his website. “It will take the policy makers in Washington walking in the same shoes as the millions of Americans to actually make real policy changes, and clean up the train wreck.”

Politico reported:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/10...mandates-obamacare-for-himself-congress-85333

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's because it's beneath him. Peasants shouldn't feel unequally treated.:rolleyes:

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

The emperor has no clothes.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The concept is 100% correct. The Republicans need to let someone with some moral backbone deliver the message. Vitter giving a speech about fairness and morality just does not wash. You hit it on the nail in his case when you said. "sleep in the bed you made." Mr. Vitter has slept in several beds.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Le them eat cake

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe I am too harsh, or Poncho is starting to get to me, but I do not believe 99.9% of the politicians in the Executive or Legislature branches have once ounce of moral fiber in them. To me, it makes no difference if it is Senator Durbin with his crocodile tears about the poor, or Senator Coburn pounding the podium for right to life, down deep in their souls the only motivation is the next election, a fatter bank account, and the next level of power. They do not care about the poor, the unborn, or the Constitution. They care about themselves. They are off more days than they work. When they are in session they play games, not govern.

The Democrats are turning us into dependent, dumbed down citizens with no pride in our work or dreams and imagination for the future. The Republicans pander for votes with the blood of the unborn by never acting on their campaign promises. The stench coming from Congress into heaven before the Lord has to be over whelming.

Not only should they eat their own cake, we the people ought to shove it down their throats. I apologize if my post was not clear.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boehner and everyone are only worried about their careers and the next election.

#7 Revmitchell, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't blame him, I wouldn't want to pay my kids health insurance till they were 25 either :) which I'd guess one day with all the changes coming will be required soon lest you be called a child abuser.