1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: Sermon on Mount Justifies Same-Sex Unions

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have yet to meet an atheist who has a worldview/policy views that I find logical, compassionate, and progressive. Maybe there's one out there, but I haven't met him/her.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Talk is worthless as James puts it. Obama has not shown any faith in Christ, he only has fine speeches.

If Obama really thought anything important about Jesus he would not support the murdering of Jesus' most innocent.

It is time for Christians, if they are truly Christians, to show their faith by their works. If you say you are against abortion then SHOW you are by your refusal to yoke up with these infidels.

Faith without works is DEAD! Show me thy faith without thy works and I will show thee my faith by my works. I don't just say I am against abortion, I show it to my Lord by my vote!

God Bless! :thumbs:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you questioning my salvation?

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Slightly over dramatic wouldn't you say? :godisgood:

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No more than I question his sanity!

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ignorance is out, because you have been shown the scriptures that condemn the murdering of innocent life.

Appathy is unlikely, seeing that the born of God becomes one with the Spirit of Christ. a NEW creature is formed. The indwelling Spirit would never urge one to support an abortion on demand platform in any way shape or form. (You don't believe the Spirit would do you? And I don't believe the Spirit doesn't care, do you? )

Am I questioning your salvation? That task is up to the Spirit of God. I can only preach the Word and pray the Spirit convicts all truth.

Paul was the one who said on behalf of our Lord..........

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Whenever professing Christians would not follow the Spirit of Christ and the Apostle's teachings on behalf of Christ Paul would tell them that he had doubts about them....

Gal 4:20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

You have now placed a banner for Obama on your signature. This is pronouncing your full support behind a known murder on demand leader of our country. Scriptue is clear that we are not to yoke ourselves together with unbelievers NOR have ANYTHING to do with the unfruitful works of darkness.

You must question your own self or as Paul put it "examine yourself".

Here is the Word of God....

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

You have embraced a person who is steeped in the most horrific unfruitful works of darkness known to mankind. How does a Christian justify this with the Spirit of Christ and the Word of God?

Are you saved? This you must search out on your own. Examine your actions and see if you are satisfying the spirit of self or the Spirit of Christ.

You will find that, in general, doing what Christ would do takes humility and sacrifice. It means placing others above self, above self comfort, above self wealth. It would mean living in a tent having only bread and water from the Lord to live on before yoking up with those who allow the slaughter of innocent babies to continue on.

You must examine yourself. What flaw exist in your character that is allowing you to justify embracing a pro-murder leader. What would even allow one to consider such a possibility?

I pray God will guide you in your quest.

God Bless! :praying:

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is! That is why i love the Word of God. When you humble yourself and just except God's word and do as God's word tells you to do it is quite liberating. Self dies very hard.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You say you love the Word of God yet you use it as a tool of convenience. It appears you find a cause like say pro-life then go to the Word to find support for your view. I think it is better if we go to the Word of God with no view except to believe and obey so we are open to who and what He wants in us.

You are attacking Obama and Ken because of Obama believes in freedom of choice. You also say Obama is guilty of murdering innocent life. I don’t see where Obama ever had an abortion or participated in one in any way. So this is the equivalent of saying anyone who believes in guns is likewise guilty of murder. We know this because guns kill more innocent lives than abortions even on a bad day. Yet I don’t see this same passion about not supporting McCain or toward Bush who both support the war. The war IS by the way killing many innocent lives.

So do we have a double standard that says one form of murder is ok but if you commit this form of murder then it is an abomination? It is not that I believe in abortion but I don’t see how you support pro-life with the word of God and not feel as passionate about war?

Lastly, God is very clear about bearing false witness against one another. You are calling Obama a murderer yet he has killed or participated in killing no one. Changing the law to make something illegal has never stopped any illegal activity. It just takes it underground. Look at how crowded the prison’s are for proof. Bush supports the death penalty yet I don’t see these same acquisitions toward him. Maybe I am the one who is not a Christian but I don’t see justification for these double standards in the Word of God.

Yes, the Word of God is sharper than any two edge sword but I must caution that it cut’s just as deeply coming out as it does going in…

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It appears you are wrong, but entitled to your opinion. I am pro-life (anti-murder) because of what I read in God's word. I use to be pro-choice until I read God's word on the matter about ten years ago.

It's a bit deeper than this. Pro-choice is a pleasant term and soothing to any democracy. Yet even in this great country the constitution did not allow 100% freedom of choice. We the People have always denied the right for one person to murder another person and believe this was a given from the beginning of God's creation.

Let's be clear and honest, I am reproving Obama and Ken for supporting the freedom of choosing MURDER! Not a general right to choose things which is granted as long as you do not cause harm to another human being or yourself.

Consenting is equal to the crime. Saul stood by consenting to the death of Stephen and later went out rounding up innocent lives to be executed even though he never did the actual physical murdering part. Paul still acknowlegded that he was guilty.

Now really. If I believe in guns then I believe a person has the God given right to take a gun and kill another innocent person? "Equivalent"? Not even in the same world.

It is the sad reality of war.

Not at all. The two have nothing in common.

I think what you need to do is to take the subject of war to the scriptures and present an exposition as to why God forbids war (if He does) and then we will compare war to murder and see if it is one in the same.

You want to tell me how God is very clear about bearing false witness yet you don't see how God is very clear about murdering innocent life?

Pilate tried the washing of hands with Jesus' innocent blood. Pilate had the power to spare Jesus' life or allow Him to be murdered. Was Pilate innocent of the death of Jesus? Or did Pilate have his part in it?

I don't follow this reasoning. Then any murder should not be illegal because people are going to murder anyways?

This is about Christians following God's Word. It is about doing what is right. It is not right to support the freedom of choice to murder your child. Show me from the scriptures that it is and I will conceed. So I cannot consider your argument that support of abortion should be ignored.

There is no double standard here. Murder is always WRONG! If you want to do a study on war and show us from scripture that it is equivalent to murder and always wrong, I would be most interested.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are sounding like a politician, steaver. Please belly up to the bar and state your agreement with one of these two statements:

1. I consider KenH to be my brother in Christ.
    2. I do not consider KenH to be my brother in Christ.

Let's see if you have the courage of your convictions to give a forthright answer.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I kinda feel like Paul here. I have been given reservations by your open support for abortion through the support of candidate Obama. I pray you have received the Spirit of Christ but it certainly is not being displayed in your lack of conviction by not having anything to do with the unfruitful works of darkness. I can only measure by God's word and your actions. Does this make me a bad person?

God Bless! :praying:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on, steaver. I promise not to get mad regard of which way you think.

Which is it? 1. or 2.?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not support abortion - openly or otherwise. If I could have my way all abortions would be outlawed - every last one of them with no exceptions.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry Ken, but I do not know you personally well enough to make such a call.

I have pointed out very clearly though from scripture why I would doubt a person's knowing Jesus Christ by their actions supporting the unfruitful works of darkness.

Maybe since this is a Christian political debate board you could give me some good solid biblical refferences that show Obama is pro-Christ in his positions on the issues.

I measure a man's righteousness by how his views come into line with Christ's word.

I have shown how Obama's view on the abortion issue does not line up with Christ. Can you show me where any of his views do line up with Christ's word?

We, if Christians (i included myself), should measure anyone to God's word who we are considering asking to represent us.

God Bless! :wavey:

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry Ken but you have openly shown support for abortion by openly supporting a man who has a vote that he declares will always defend the right for a woman to murder her child. This man also, if elected President through your help, will appoint Supreme Court justicies who will certainly keep the murder flowing. So if you believe you are not openly supporting abortion you have been blinded by the unfruitful works of darkness and need to examine yourself a bit closer.

Saying it isn't so isn't enough! Show me thy faith without thy works and I will show thee my faith by my works.

God Bless! :jesus:

16. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I find it a little curious that this thread has gone from Same-Sex Unions to Abortion. That happened on another thread too.

Is it because these are two hot political issues? I just find it a little strange.

Also, maybe I have been too sheltered but can someone tell me what verses Obama was talking about in the sermon on the mount. I have never heard of this arguement for Same-sex Unions so I don´t have a clue.

17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Emphasized mine)

Well put steaver, well put!!

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

So while we aren't to judge, we ARE to be fruit inspectors.:thumbs:

MARANATHA!!!!

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not sure exactly what verses Obama was eluding to or if he said at all. But I think the rub was that Obama was declaring that the letter written by John somehow destroyed the letter written by Paul. A "I will pick the parts of the bible that pleases me (self) and reject the parts that seem politically incorrect at the time".

This of course is another red flag as to whether he is truly a Christian or not. One, he supports abortion, huge red flag. Two, he does not accept the bible as the full unadulterated word of God, if it isn't pure and kept by God Himself then God is not God and we have nothing but man's opinions to guide us.

#38 steaver, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It appears Christian throught history has misunderstood and misused the "Judge not" teaching that Christ gave. We are not to pass the judgment of condemnation upon anyone for Christ alone has that authority.

This does not mean we should not witness to those who we see living apart from Christ. Or judge a fellow believer's behavior and try to lovingly show them their error.

How many times have we all witnessed Christ to a lost person, Wait you had to make a judgment they were lost and in need of Christ right? And after witnessing to them they accused you of "judging" them! All they all heard the tv preachers preach don't judge, so they know what you are doing to them. I have heard it many times.

We are instructed from scripture to make many judgments. We are not to Judge condemnation upon anyone. Nor do we have any power to send a person to hell as the accusers of the woman caught in adultery wanted to do and thought they would do God a service and send her packing to everlasting torment.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am voting for president, not national pastor.