1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Shaking in His Boots????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 6, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think he's partially true that he belongs to a demographic liberals struggle or basically have no connection. I don't believe they select the president but do agree if the liberals can penetrate the demographic they'd easily dominate national elections.

If you don't mind, I would like to mentions guns. I have no problem acknowledging the second amendment to the constitution. I'm very much in favor of someone owning a gun to hunt or even defend their family and property. This is in the constitution and is a right no one wants to take away.

I live in a large city and last year I did the funeral of a 9 year old boy who was killed by a stray bullet during a drive by shooting. The little boy was on his way home from school and had stayed late for a student counsel meeting.

This is where I agree with Obama, I don't have the answer but I do want the constitution defended but I would also like some legislation to reduce this senseless violence we're seeing in the big cities. I agree guns don't kill people, people do. I would just like to see some of those people who kill people without the easy means of a gun to perpetrate their crime. I would like to see us all come to the table and work out a solution as American's. I'm sure there is a solution but we need both sides of the issue to figure it out.