1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Shows His Age

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Martin, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will admit that this picture took me totally off guard. President Obama usually looks somewhat young, but not here. I have seen this with other Presidents. In front of the cameras they look young, or at least they don't look old, but when an unplanned picture is taken of them they look much older. President Obama's picture is a surprise to me though.

http://martin008.blogspot.com/2010/01/obama-looking-his-age.html

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Presidency is a pressure cooker. Obama is probably figuring that out. Look at the physical differences in Bush from 2001-2008, Clinton from 1992-2000, etc.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==That is very true and makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would desire the job. Clinton looked horrible by the end of his two terms and Bush had aged badly. We could also go back and look at pictures of Abraham Lincoln. His last picture was terrible when compared to his earlier pictures. He had clearly aged and aged badly. Certainly Obama is suffering from the same thing. I admit that I am surprised that it is happening so fast.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO, one of the very probable causes of this is his lack of honest experience in the pressures of the job. Being a "senator" for no longer than he was, probably gives nothing more than brief glimpse of the parameters of the highest office in the land (world??)!

Also, while his does exercise a great deal of power, ther is much that is not under his control, as I feel sure he was used to previously.

I'm with you though - why would anybody want this job??

I do remember reading a quip that said that "If you WANT the job as President, you probably aren't fit for the job!" May be a lot of truth in that - and if true, I'm very fit for the job, cause I sure don't want it!!:thumbs::thumbs:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if that picture is affected by the bright sunlight he is in.

6. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

Are those glasses or sunglasses? If glasses, which I think they are, I didn't realize he wore them..

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is. It makes his hair appear lighter, and the reflection of the sunlight off his sholders is illuminating his face from an unnatural angle with blue light. The glasses are probably adding ten years themselves.