1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama supporters: Deceived or just plain liars?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 2, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Received this from an Obama admirer? by email.

Really...forget Democrat or Republican for a minute and think about this...
    Chime in poncho and SaturnNeptune!

Obama supporters...... be honest now. Read the following and tell me how you would have reacted:

1. If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

2. If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

3. If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

4. If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

5. If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

6. If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

7. If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" (translated "5 of 4") in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

8. If George W. Bush had miss-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as "proof" of what a dunce he is?

9. If George W. Bush had stated he had campaigned in all 57 states, what would the media have said and how long would it have been a standing joke kept alive on SNL?

10. If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on "Earth Day", would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

11. If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually "get" what happened on 9-11?

12. If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

13. If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

14. If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

15. If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

16. If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again 10 times within years, would you have approved?

17. If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

18. If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all the above in just 6 months -- so be patient-- you've still got 3 years and 6 months to come up with an answer...

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

:sleeping_2::sleeping_2:

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow, Robert...if you hope to convince anyone you are right, well...you're failing miserably.

Basically, you ignore/sign off/disappear when valid, cogent arguments are presented.

It's actually pretty humorous. If anyone tires of you, all they have to do is make a good point, and poof!

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You're kidding, right? I don't believe for one second that anyone here will change their viewpoint, regardless of what I post. When people believe that their political viewpoints are mandated in God's Word, there is little chance they will alter their views, especially because of what is posted on a message board.

I post on the topics I choose when I choose. I would imagine you do the same.

I'm glad I can provide you with some humor in today's world.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You might want to pick an article where the writer isn't a birther and doesn't refer to him as "Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetoro etc..."

I think we pretty much know where she stands on the subject.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I can't recall how you reacted when Bush was trying to hide his past (military records) from the public can you refresh my memory some?

She stands as a person sick of all the lies and deceit in Washington DC. No matter which party is in power. Can you say the same about yourself?

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

A lot of rich kids got out of Vietnam because Daddy had money and influence. Clinton also dodged Vietnam. I actually voted for Bush the first go around. I turned on him when he invaded Iraq. I never bought it was part of the war on terror. I believe he was finishing his dad's unfinished business with the lives of American soldiers and with massive amounts of tax dollars that all should have been devoted to the real enemy in Afghanistan/Pakistan.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I myself actually supported Bush until I found out he wasn't a limited government conservative and those of us in the limited government conservative movement were neoconned by the "crazies".

Iraq had nothing to do with Poppy Bush's unfinished business. It had everything to do with our foreign policy of controlling the middle east's resources and keeping Russia from gaining control of the world's center of power, Eurasia.

Geo-politics is like a "Grand Chessboard"

What's going on in front of the cameras is only there to keep your mind off what's going on behind them. Turn off the tv. Stop listening to politicians and the corporate talking heads and read what the real planners like Brzezinski and Haas are saying. Then you'll have an idea of what Iraq and the "war on terror" is really about. Until you do you'll keeping on confusing the government's and corporate mass media's propaganda with the truth.

In other words take the red pill and escape the matrix.

#29 poncho, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

and

Don't fight. You're both right! It's a breath mint AND a candy mint. Remember that Bushco kept changing the reason for the Iraq war. WMD, bringing democracy to the oppressed Iraqi people, Saddam and Osama were buddies, and on and on. I think it was the right opportunity for Bush to settle the score, and for he and his crooked Veep to enrich themselves and their buddies at Carlisle, Blackwater and KBR Haliburton.

11. alatide

alatide New Member

This guy and many on this board would have fit in perfectly with Joseph McCarthy's anti-American witch hunt against communists. The difference is McCarthy was actually going after communism. The so-called Christian Right is simply lying to gain political power.

12. alatide

alatide New Member

Bush has nothing to do with the OP. Stay on-topic.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

On the contrary. It shows that Obama supporters are deceived, which is the topic.

14. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Come on guys/gals. Try a magic trick with me, Take a coin, any coin, out of your pocket/purse. Flip it. Now, no matter if you designated heads or tails for democrat or republican, we are going to get ....... no matter what the outcome. The only thing I defend Obama on is that he has had no experience. Well duh, we aren't supposed to have professional politicians. Remember in school when they told us ANYONE can become the president?

..........The previous statement is not in any way endorsing the current administration. No animals were harmed in the development of this message.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I understand what your problem is alatide. Your eyesight is bad. Devvy Kidd looks more like an attractive woman to me. Of course so many on the left were overcome by Obama.....?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Apparently you took my warning about not reading the article seriously. Yet it still caused you to be uncomfortable. Something must be amiss. Maybe the title itself strikes too close to home for comfort?

Both sides lie to gain political power. Wake up and smell the truth.

#36 poncho, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  17. alatide

alatide New Member

What's your version of the truth?

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I've told you twice already. There's only one version of the truth. I cannot claim it as "my version" as it belongs to everyone who can see it. More and more people are begining to see it everyday.

But for the sake of being consistant and good natured I'll tell you a third time. Both parties lie to gain political power. Both parties are corrupt. Both parties are bought off.

The best thing a person can do for this country is to get out of the two globalist traitor parties and support and defend the U.S. constitution against the usurpations of what Sam Adams called "designing and deceitful men". There's only one reason for a two party system. To keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves while those who rule behind the scenes continue to rob us blind.

And that's the true truth.

#38 poncho, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

There are exactly 4 living American's with more experience than he has. 4 out of hundreds of millions, I would say he ranks way up there when it comes to experience.

Now we could have chosen the quitter or the guy who suspended his campaign to save the economy.

20. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Maybe you misunderstood me. Carter, Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II had no experience in the presidency before they got there and neither did Obama.
    Since he has never been there before, how could he rank up there with experience?