1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama supporters: Deceived or just plain liars?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 2, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He now has 200 days of experience. There are only 4 living men with more experience.

What I am saying is the experience argument might have held water before he was sworn in. Once he was sworn in, he then had more experience than any American excluding 4.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

But they all had executive experience. And dont believe the garbage that Obama is one out of four with enough experience. That is media matters fabrication.

3. targus

targus New Member

Simplistic analysis.

Not at all meaningful.

Is it possible that someone with 200 days or 20 years on a job may still have no idea of what they are doing?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes indeedy, lets keep the thread going about arguing the virtues and character of Republicans vs Democrats. Lets see which side the Lord is on by bringing up which of the last two Presidents has the stronger faith.

All you posters with your head in the sand, please continue. After you choke enough, maybe you will read the US Constitution.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I enjoyed reading this post...It gave my mind a rest.

The logic behind it was positively stunning.

"Obama has lots of experience!"

Really? How much?

"Well, he's been president since January..."

Americans have lost their minds. We elect a guy to run our country who has never held a real job (and no, "community organizer" is not a real job).

We've elected a guy who has never had to meet payroll. In fact, we've elected a guy that...when the money runs out...he keeps spending.

We've elected a guy who is woefully inexperienced in legislative matters...and even more so in administrative ones..

We've elected a guy who does not think that initiative, hard work, creativity, and discipline are the answer to life's challenges...rather, he thinks government is the answer. He SHOULD scare you, and the last thing we should be doing (unfortunately, he's got it for 3 1/2 more)...is giving the guy "experience."

Not to mention...President is not exactly the job you send a guy to do who hasn't a clue, and must learn everything on-the-job.

Of course, you're going do discount all this. I don't remember the last time you were critical of Obama. But, I guess, when someone is perfect in every way as Obama is...why criticize? :rolleyes:

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It get's kind of discouraging watching people fight over which group of criminals will best serve our nation doesn't it?

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahem! I didn't elect him.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is . . . insane. Your breath smells of Kool-Aid.

However, it isn't experience for which a man is elected, it's ideology. All the hullabaloo over experience was just so much rhetoric, and still is. Put a pig farmer with an eighth-grade education who believes in the principles expounded in the Declaration of Indepence and the rule of the Constitution up against a Harvard graduate who doesn't, and I'll vote for the pig farmer. He would be the better man for the job.

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama has zero experience. He has followed the Bush military policies and left everything else up to the leftist Congress; apparently hoping to keep his skirts clean when the manure hits the fan.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So in your argument, we should never vote in a president who wasn't previously a mayor or governor. Obama is not the first POTUS who didn't have executive experience, Lincoln didn't have executive experience and lead the nation through one of the most troubling periods in our history.

Also, experience doesn't mean you were any good at the job, look at Palin who in less than one term had an administration that became so ineffective she quit. Wouldn't you add that to a resume?

Call it garbage if you want but any unbiased person can see the obvious, one minute after he took the oath of office he had more experience in the actual job of POTUS than every American excluding 4. Complain about his previous experience if you will but now he has actual experience in the actual job which is unmatched by any other American excluding the 4 previous men who had the job.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But they have experience which was my point.

Good or bad at the job doesn't eliminate experience in the position.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

God can use you enemies as easily as a fellow believer. David said it best when he said, "Though hast prepared a table before me in the presence of mine enemies". God lead Israel and was still their God through faithful and unfaithful leaders.

What about the constitution have I not read. This thread is about experience and Obama met the conditions spelled out in the constitution.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

On this statement I can agree with you. Experience doesn't make one bit of difference if his ideology is contrary to yours. I appreciate you calling a pig a pig sorta speak by not masking the word experience with what you truly feel. Those hiding behind the word experience at this point are really saying I don't like what he's doing or the direction he is taking us.

Like you, if I agree MORE with the pig farmer he will get my vote. I have seen too many people throughout history do great with no experience. Moses didn't have experience as emancipator, judge or leader. David didn't have experience as king. Jesus himself didn't have experience in being a savior but they all did great...

14. targus

targus New Member

No that was not your point.

You sound like one of my wife's third grade students... saying whatever comes to the top of your head when you are stuck for an answer.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

First of all, I do not think you so much argue for either side, you are pretty objective. Yes, Obama met the conditions of the Constitution. (this is not a thread on the birth certificate) To me that is not the point. The point is he is head of a government that is nothing but a collection of self serving, power hungry politicians. That is not in the Constitution. Well over half the program, departments, and services in the government are not granted to them in the Constitution. The power of the government is given to it by the people. The government does not give us rights. They just dont get it. What they really dont get is that all we have is from the Lord.