1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OBAMA the Muslim?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jedi Knight, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Read John 10:5

2. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You seem more offended than discerning.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Thank you for your concern. Now, care to comment on what I said?

4. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I did. Not enought?

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, you commented on how you think I feel.

You didn't comment on the crux of my posting, or was your intent to ridicule me instead of talking about the topic of Obama being a supposed Muslim?

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Yes I did......a lack of discernment.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Care to show me where there is a lack of discernment, or are you just spitting in the wind?

8. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Do you think if he was a born again christian that it would influence his decissions thus make him more appealing to his detractors? Yep.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Now were getting somewhere. I doubt that Obama is a Christian. And, if he somehow is, I don't think it influences his policies.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agreed, but wasn't this thread about some accusation that he was a Muslim?

Like I said, I doubt he is either. The chop job video gives no evidence of him being Muslim and his testimony gives no evidence he is a believer.

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

What the video does show is that he has no discernment do distance himself from a false religion.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That does not make him a Muslim. If the thread had been titled 'Obama has a high regard for Islam' it would have possibly been accurate.

I still contend that there is nothing wrong with recognising the real contributions that Muslims have made to society.

13. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I did not title the thread "Obama is a muslim". Take a look again rather than use a knee jerk reaction.

#33 Jedi Knight, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Give it up, C4K. The partisan hacks on both sides have their minds made up. No room for truth, logic, or common sense when you have your partisan "Greatest Hits" playing in your ears, be it from Maddow/Olbermann or from Hannity/Limbaugh.

It is shameful to see how people would rather carp about a YouTube video than do something constructive for the advance of the gospel. Some believe the power to effect real lifechange is found in government. I disagree. I believe it to be only found in the life-changing message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm curious why he spends a great deal speaking about how wonderful islam is and referring to the Qran as "holy"...yet claims to be a christian and states we are no longer a christian nation, never speaks about how wonderful christianity is and what it has done for societies and doesn't refer to the Bible as "holy"? If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You mean, like when Bush did the same thing and Laura dressed in Islamic-appropriate wear for state dinners and dinners with Imams?

I'd love to live in a world where politicians had the guts to call Islam what it is - a perverse religion that leads people straight to hell. But that's not gonna happen, from republicans to democrats, since we live in a pluralistic where everything's true but there's no truth.

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Just how honest can the politician be? What if a Baptist president publically stated that Islam, Hinduism and other eastern religions were sending people straight to hell? Then this same president said that the Catholic religion, Seventh-Day Adventist, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons and Pentecostals did the same thing. What would be his, or her, chance of being reelected be?

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That was kinda my point. They'd have zero change of being elected to anything except pastor or deacon :)