1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama to charge our wounded warriors

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My cousin was one of the vets who you say I know nothing about. To the day he died you couldn't enter the room where he was sleeping for fear he would kill you, he would awake in cold sweats and drank like a thirsty fish. Never could hold a job. He had several buddies that were almost as bad.

When I joined the service in 1980, there were Vietnam vets still on active duty. Sleeping in the barracks with these men showed me first hand what combat can do. Sorry Capro, this time LB knows what he is talking about.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You failed to post anything that showed Bush actually made any cuts. I am not sure why you thought this would get by anyone.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what, LB?

One anecdote doesn't equate to knowledge of the condition of 8 million veterans.

You're in over your head and you've bought the whole caboodle.

Here's another anecdote for you...

I know this Marine who served in Vietnam who has led a perfectly normal life without even one bad dream or regret about Vietnam...

ME. Using your logic, that means no one had any problems adjusting.:BangHead:

So, take you uninformed opinion and stuff it in your liberal bible and forget about it. That's all it's worth.

#43 carpro, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The VA budget increased every year of Bush's two terms.

LB doesn't know what he's talking about. He's using democrat propaganda that is based on half truths, distortions, and outright lies.

Obama is an enemy of America..

He wants to destroy the private insurance industry and use our disabled veterans to do it. He doesn't care that it's the veterans that get hurt in the process. Any price is worth it to socialize medicine in the US. As usual with liberals, someone else has to pay the prices. In this case , it's our wounded warriors.

#45 carpro, Mar 18, 2009
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first article is speculation as to what the author thought he would have to do. The second one has nothing to do with the budget what so ever.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly...:thumbs:

and then some.

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Obama is really missing the mark with this idea, on many levels. This appears to be someone who is lacking in good ideas, but feels the pressure to put forth some anyway. This is what you end up with.

9. targus

targus New Member

I speculate that this may be the genesis of the plan.

Drive up the cost of insurance premiums by the government requiring private insurance to pay for what is the governments responsibility...

...so that there will be more support for a government run health care system.

Of course the intermediate step will be for the Obama administration to villify the insurance companies when they are forced to increase premiums because of all this.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's right!:thumbsup:

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

There may be more soldiers who DO have private insurance than you think---being as to how many of the soldiers who are called up are members of the Army Reserve, National Guard, etc.-------many of these men hold jobs outside of being in military

Lets just say that I have a job at Alabama Electric------I am a line technition on a high voltage line

And I am also in Army Reserves

I receive notice that my unit is called up and I am to report to my command post

Alabama Power has the responsibility to "hold" my job open for me while I am away on active duty with the armed forces-------they also have been supplying me with health insurance as part of my benefit of being their employee

I get over to Iraq and I'm there---and some nut blows up a bomb while I'm in my humvee and I'm wounded----burned--lets say---but the wounds are not life threating and the doctor expects a full recovery

I am wounded while on active duty and the VA is taking up the rehab and burn treatments

Finally---I am released from active duty and am able to return back to civilian life------I go back to work for the electric company who still pays for my health insurance

Odrama now wants my private insurance to pay for my wounds and treatment I received in the army hospital---------I believe that when private health care providers read this posted artical and its links-------they would consider the demand they pay for VA treatment to be the biggest joke they have ever heard--------what insurance company do any of you know that would actually PAY????

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Try pushing this post in a new thread on this forum

www.majordickwinters.com

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't get what you're trying to get me to see, if you watch all of the band of brother episodes, there are only two where they are in combat that I recall. The rest they are in training/post war etc... just like I said.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

To address the rest of your attacks about me not knowing what I am talking about, every soldier in the theater is not a combat soldier. In fact, of the many soldiers that went to Vietnam, only a small portion fought the actual enemy. The bulk of the soldiers are support troops.. Cooks, signal, supply etc... Saying a cook doesn't have flash backs is pointless.

Secondly, combat doesn't effect everyone the same. We are all wired differently and you have to take in account the actual experience one had while in combat. Saying you know someone who went to Nam and lived a normal life, is like saying all Holocaust survivors lived normal lives.

We have a young man in our Church who is the sole surviver of an IED explosion. He was an admin clerk which is non-combat but they were traveling from post to post when an IED went off. He suffers from the guilt of why he lived and the others died. The others who died were true combat troops and he feels if anyone deserved to live it would be one of them.

What I showed in the second link was the effects of the Bush VA cuts. I need to run now but will post more solid links this evening. Until then, please don't slander me too bad. Bush depriving vets benefits has been no secret...

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

There is no threat nor accusation of slander in my posts directed at you, LeBuick

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I have the Band Of Brothers series-----and I would not call the video series 100% accurate in their depiction of combat----get on the dickwinters forum and ask some of those men still living what it was like

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were no Bush VA cuts. Period.

Every year he was President, the VA budget increased. Anyone that says otherwise is pedaling lies.

There is no other way to put it.

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Wednesday, March 07, 2007
    Democrats Oppose Bush Cuts To Veterans, Demand Increase In Medical Care Funding

The Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee last week renounced attempts by the White House to raise fees for Veterans receiving medical care and recommended an increase in funding in the administration's fiscal year 2008 budget for the Department of Veterans Affairs medical care allocation.

Senate Democrats rejected three Bush administration proposals designed to reduce funding requirements, through increased out-of-pocket fees for Veterans, and by deterring certain categories of Veterans from using the VA system, including the following proposed in the 2008 budget:

* An increase in prescription drug co-payments from $8 to $15 for "middle-income" veterans.

* An annual enrollment fee of $250 to $750 for veterans whose families make $50,000 a year or more.

* Eliminating the practice of offsetting VA first-party co-payment debts with collections from insurance companies.

"Once again, the Administration is suggesting that we ask Veterans to pay more out of their own pockets. This is unacceptable," said Veterans' Affairs Committee Chairman Daniel Akaka (D-HI). "We remain committed in opposition to the policy proposals to impose higher costs on veterans."

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you are completely off base on this. It is true that many soldiers saw combat only on D-Day because they were killed or severely wounded.

A lot of soldiers started their combat duty in North Africa and went to Italy and then France/Germany [Audie Murphy for example.]. In the Pacific some went from Guadalcanal to Okinawa. I doubt that many WWII veterans who are still living would admit to plenty of R&R.

#59 OldRegular, Mar 18, 2009
  20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Wrong Thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.