1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama voted for religious freedom in IL

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is for you, CBT, as per your request. News travels slow.

Obama voted for religious freedom in IL.

"In an appearance on ABC's This Week, Indiana governor Mike Pence defended his state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act by noting that Barack Obama had voted for the same law as an Illinois state senator....

"This Week Host George Stephanoplous later asked White House press secretary Josh Earnest to respond to Pence's claim: "Josh, you just heard the governor say right there this is the same law, he says, that Barack Obama voted for as a state senator back in Illinois."

"Earnest didn't dispute the Indiana governor's statement...."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-freedom-law-obama-voted-illinois_902459.html

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Mouse I think this goes to show how much more militant the LGBTQ crowd is becoming. They are getting more traction out of anything hinting of homophobia. Sad days we live in, even sadder for our children.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I suspected you and others are taking liberties with the truth. It is not exactly the same law. Pence may say it is, your may say it is, but the language in the two bills are different. So you are wrong.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have hundreds of condominiums downtown Indianapolis and own dozens of restaurants, bars, and stores. They are the primary ethnic group downtown Indianapolis so it is easy for them to protest at the Indiana State House downtown.

They don't care about the Illinois law because the Illinois economy is in a depression and Chicago is going the way of Detroit so Illinois is not worth fighting for in their eyes.

Besides, they are hypocrites. Gays are all Dems and the were frightened by the intellect and skill of Cruz and they decided to attack IN Gov. Pence. They probably did not realize that he had several years in Congress as a leader of sorts. Also, Pence had advice from several law professors nationwide.

Also, the gays hope to disrupt the Final Four this weekend over their wedding cakes.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's too bad that the White House didn't take your line of reasoning. There are lots of people who will do anything for a buck. They will bake themed cakes for the KKK and the Nazis; they will rent church facilities for same-sex weddings; they will let men use the ladies' room. They will arrange special flower bouquets for Planned Parenthood for the millionth child executed by Planned Parenthood Montana. Anything for a buck.

Actually, gays themselves will bake cakes in the shape of swastikas, etc., etc., etc.

I am glad that I am on borrowed time because I don't think that I want to live in the brave new world that America is falling into.

#5 church mouse guy, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  6. targus

targus New Member

So the difference is corporations vs persons?

The Supreme Court addressed this issue in the Hobby Lobby decision.

And it didn't go your way.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pence and some state Senators are looking into that issue and promise to give an answer after consulting with many, many others.