1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama White House Access for Sale

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 15, 2012.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/u...or-big-donors.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all?src=tp

White House Opens Door to Big Donors, and Lobbyists Slip In

EXCERPT

... the review showed that those who donated the most to Mr. Obama and the Democratic Party since he started running for president were far more likely to visit the White House than others. Among donors who gave $30,000 or less, about 20 percent visited the White House, according to a New York Times analysis that matched names in the visitor logs with donor records. But among those who donated $100,000 or more, the figure rises to about 75 percent. Approximately two-thirds of the president’s top fund-raisers in the 2008 campaign visited the White House at least once, some of them numerous times.

SNIP

Some of the donors had no previous record of giving to the president or his party, or of making donations of such magnitude, so their gifts, sometimes given in close proximity to meetings, raise questions about whether they came with expectations of access or were expressions of gratitude.

SNIP

Patrick J. Kennedy, the former representative from Rhode Island, who donated $35,800 to an Obama re-election fund last fall while seeking administration support for a nonprofit venture, said contributions were simply a part of “how this business works.”

“If you want to call it ‘quid pro quo,’ fine,” he said. “At the end of the day, I want to make sure I do my part.”

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I think Barry learned how to raise funds from Rod Blagojevich.:laugh::laugh:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe.

But it's really just another example of Obama's failure to keep his promises. He is probably guilty of selling favor and access more than any other recent president.

Of course, we all know about Clinton's selling of stays in the Lincoln Bedroom for contributions and his sellouts to the Chinese, also for contributions.

Obama promised specifically not to sell access to lobbyists and supporters.

It was just another in a long line of lies. He does it with impunity and no one calls him on it. Especially the corrupt old media.