1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Barack Obama will break a campaign pledge and sign a budget bill laden with millions in lawmakers' pet projects, administration officials said.

Administration budget chief Peter Orszag and White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel both downplayed the $410 billion spending bill and signaled Obama would hold his nose and sign it. Orszag said: "We want to just move on. Let's get this bill done, get it into law and move forward.

Said Emanuel: "That's last year's business."

The House last week passed the measure that would keep the government running through Sept. 30, when the federal budget year ends. Taxpayers for Common Sense, a watchdog group, identified almost 8,600 specially sponsored projects totaling $7.7 billion; Democrats say the number is $3.8 billion.

More Here

2. targus

targus New Member

As with so many other promises... Obama will just grant a waiver and pretend that it means that it doesn't count.

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No surprise here.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Between us here, I think this is how he kept pork from the stimulus bill. He must agreed to give them one last go to clear out their back log before he turns John McCain loose on them. Cant say I agree with it but politics is a give and take game.

I was surprised to see how many Republican's tacked on projects. Roughly 40%...

This must be bribe for future votes since we know he didn't didn't owe them for the stimulus plan. I think we'll now see bipartisanship in action.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What bill are you speaking of? The stimulus bill recently passed was filled with pork.

6. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

Hey Rev. Mitchell you mean Odrama.:tongue3: :thumbsup:

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good for our president! Hopefully this bill will aid in our economic recovery.

8. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I thought it was obamanation

:laugh:

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again we see Odrama is a liar.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Give us some examples.

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New medical break-through!!

If you get burned by a "dry" heat (flame, charcoal grill), the best cure is to hurriedly get some "wet" heat, like cooking fat (Crisco fer instance) of at least 250 degrees, and pour on the aforementioned burn.

Guarantee that you'll forget all about that original burn!!

Makes 'bout as much sense as government spending to get us out of this screwed-up (largely government caused) economy!

12. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Um, most of it. Are you really praising a bill you don't know anything about? These things were listed at length in another thread.

You would do well to find out the facts before commenting on it.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Well, you can thank Bush for most of the problems, but I guess when a republican spends it's alright with you. Why do you hate liberals so much? Does Jesus approve of this behavior?

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You just can't help yourself can you. Bush is not in office, and the last trillion dollar spending bill has nothing to do with Bush. That is on Obama.

I don't see many people defending Bush's spending and condemning Obama's. Most of us thinking people oppose both.

Why do you hate conservatives so much? Does Jesus approve of this behavior?

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I thank Bush for are the tax cuts, keeping us safe after the 9/11 attack, and his being a gentleman while in office.

2) Well, if you would read more and criticize less, you might have a better "guessing" score!

3) I absolutely despise, but DO NOT hate, liberals -
    I DO hate the fact that they want to decide what's best for me and that they feel they are more qualified to run anything better than anybody else!
    I DO hate their politics, because it's drifting more and more to the left and is virtually totally opposed to any similance of Judeo-Christian values.
    I DO hate the fact that they are trying to get all manner of un-biblical philosophies accepted by any means possible.
    I DO hate the fact that so many "Christians" are accepting of these Hellish beliefs and practices that are so obviously anti-God.
    I DO hate that they talk a good talk about "HELPING" minorities, poor, un-wed mothers, gov't spending, etc, etc, but do everthing in their power to see that the situation never improves - intentionally or not, the same result is the end product.
    I DO hate that they will never discuss any given problem that is against them, but constantly try to excuse it by "---did it too; - what about Bush--; the repubs never---?; OR they attack the bearer of such news and try to discredit the facts based on who reported them.

Hate liberals?? NO!! I sure do pity them though, especially the ones who name His name, cause the obvious hypocrisy that is involved will come back to bite them!!

4) Well, my recommendation is to get on your knees, explain this situation to Him, and ask HIM what He thinks of it. I have my own idea, but I'm certain that you would never agree.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Libbies are assigning hate these days as a means to hyperbolic demonization.

17. targus

targus New Member

The casual accusation of "hate" is getting a bit boring and adds nothing to the discussions here.

I challenge all on all sides to refrain from the use for a period of one month and let's see if the level of discussion increases.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The anthrax attacks happened after 9/11/2001.

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Pork was only $785 Billion, that is billion with a B, so what's to complain about?

20. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I was listening to Cavuto interviewing someone who's name I missed because I was doing other things. BUT Cavuto was asking about all the earmarks and the guy said, "what earmarks" - my paraphrase, but his point was that the definition of an earmark is in the eye of the beholder.

Kind of reminded me of other redefining of words by politicians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.