1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Without Ring and Watch?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 28, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :type:This was an interesting little by line sent to me. I tried to disprove it through both Snopes and Turth or Fiction, and found nothing to make this a fictional story!

After read it, what do you really think was behind his possible decision to not wear a watch and wedding ring, as reported!

This was an interesting little by line sent to me. I tried to disprove it through both Snopes and Turth or Fiction, and found nothing to make this a fictional story!

WEDDING RING BEING REPAIRED? ... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WATCH?

Has another piece fallen into place, making it possible Obama is a Muslim?

In a press conference last week, Obama was not wearing his wedding ring nor was he wearing his watch. When noticed, his staff said his ring was out for repairs; no reason was given for the missing watch.

So it’s just a coincidence that Muslims are forbidden from wearing jewelry during the month of Ramadan?

A web search shows that Free Republic posted this. Does anyone know if they are credible? Just curious, so please don't jump down my throat!

Pastor Paul

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My first impulse is to remind everyone that Ramadan was 11 August through 10 September. I did a web search, and found the associated thread on Free Republic; but no dates were given for when this allegedly occurred.

I consider it a crock, until someone can provide a dated photo showing that it actually occurred between those dates.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Talk about trying to dig up dirt! FR is desperate if this is the length they will go to.

Makes me think that the president is more squeaky clean than we thought if this is the kind of nit-picking that FR are resorting to.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Do You Know About...

FR? Is this nothing but a bad info group????:tonofbricks:

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Didn't say that - said this seemed like desperate digging to find some way to be critical of the president.

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

FR *may* post many true, interesting and true stories...

BUT, as a subscriber to many "Patriot", "Conservative" and other e-mails...

I have found that far too many are just as extreme in their "coloring" of a story as the left is...

I have unsubscribed from several because the "Coloring" was so obvious and extreme...

As for obama and his regime...

I believe with all my heart that he is, (at least), a radical islamic sympathizer if not an actual practicing muslim himself...

Of course in the PC climate we are living in... It could just be self preservation? With only his (supposedly) Christian Testimony at stake...

We, Americans, are fat and lazy, and if we ever got enough of a spine to step up to the plate, most of us are so out of shape we'd die horrbly and quickly...

But, I can gurantee one thing... If it was during ramadan that he was jewelry free... it would not have gone unnoticed in The Islamic Community.

(Anyone read comfort and aid to the enemy?)

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's review, shall we?:

Obama doesn't put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem.

Obama doesn't wear a flag pin.

Obama didn't fly the American flag at the Port Au Prince airport after the earthquake.

Chinese flag to be hoisted at the White House on September 20, 2009.

Obama doesn't attend or address Tea Party rallies.

No one who attended Columbia in the early 1980's remembers Obama attending there.

Obama gave Britain's Prime Minister a set of classic American movie DVD's.

Obama removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office.

Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate is a fake.

Michelle Obama didn't visit Saudi Arabia with Barack Obama because of sharia law.

Michelle Obama had a $447.80 dinner at the Waldorf Astoria.

Obama's campaign jet had the image of the U.S. flag removed during a makeover.

Obama was a U.S. CIA spy and gunrunner in Pakistan in the early 1980's.

Obama provided funding for Hamas terrorists to immigrate to the U.S. from Gaza.

Michelle Obama has over 30 personal assistants at the White House.

While military leaders salute at Arlington Nat'l cemetery, Obama has hands clasped at waist.

Obama had a duplicate swearing in for President where he used the Quran.

Obama said his uncle helped liberate Auscwhiz.

Russian leaders refuse to shake Obama's hand at a diplomatic function.

Barack Obama puts his feet up on the desk in the Oval Office.

Obama’s White House asked Georgetown Univ. to remove Christian symbol.

Obama always uses a teleprompter, even when addressing kindergarten children.

Obama didn't visit Ft. Hood after the terrible shootings.

Michelle Obama served soup to a "poor" person who owned an iPhone.

Chrysler dealerships owned by Republican donors were targeted for closure by Obama.

Obama has directed the issuance of a U.S. postage stamp commemorating Islamic holidays.

Obama has decreed that Christmas trees be henceforth called Holiday trees.

Two Muslims hold important positions at the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Muslims held a prayer service at the U.S. Capitol--Obama didn't stop it from happening.

Obama does not sign Eagle Certificates for the Boy Scouts of America.

Obama didn’t speak at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day, instead he went to Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery outside Chicago.

Obama didn’t have American flags behind him at a press conference.

Obama read a book written by a Muslim titled “The Post American World.”

Nancy Pelosi procured a "fat cat" military plane rather than use a smaller plane previously used by Speaker of the House.

Pelosi gave cronies in the American Samoa tax breaks.

Pelosi could not answer a question about which voyage around the world was Captain Cook's last.

The USPS has designed another special Muslim stamp to honor their EID holiday.

Obama denied a request for a military flyover at an Idaho “God and Country” rally.

Obama wasn’t wearing his wedding ring or his watch during Ramadan. This proves he’s a Muslim.

This is called losing focus and getting distracted. All this stuff is trivial crap. I have to believe that Pelosi, Reid, Obama, et al. are ecstatic that the right wing is getting bogged down in this when the real damage is that the Dems are running up our national debt at an alarming and unprecedented rate by creating more and more government programs and taxing us more and more. THIS IS THE REAL ISSUE! Don't get distracted by silly email hoaxes.

[Not jumping on you righteousdude2, just trying to remind us to keep our priorities focused.]

#7 InTheLight, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.

It is well past time to stop the big government folks in both major political parties by voting them out of elected office if they are an incumbent running for re-election and by not voting for them in the first place if they are running for elected office for the first time.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Ding, ding, ding! This brand new member has nailed it on the head! Congrats!!!

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

you know, if I don't wear my ring, I don't wear my watch. And I have forgotten to put them on in the morning. Not often, but it happens and since I work in another city, when it happens, it's all day without.

I hate to speculate what others think when I get to work with no wedding band or watch on.

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

What we do know "for sure" is that President Obama was schooled at a predominately Muslim school in Jakarta his early years.

Obama himself has repudiated this claim, and suggested that the school he attended was "public" and open to all people, but his father was Muslim, his name is Muslim, and he was registered to an earlier Catholic school as a Muslim, and he studied the Koran while in the school in Jakarta, which he has recited publicly since holding the office of President.

While Obama may indeed be "agnostic" in his true outlook toward Islam (and Christianity for that matter) he does understand the cultural significance of Islamic cultural practice and often follows those guidelines as an "insider" better than he follows the guidelines of Christianity.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you see, I inserted the word EXTREMIST in between "the" & "right"

You know the ole saying, the squeaky wheel gets the oil...

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends, are you talking about a single guy? :smilewinkgrin:

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

They'll see you on an episode of Pawn Stars? :laugh:

15. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

*snicker* OK you guys convinced me to try very hard NOT to forget them.

#15 mcdirector, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Maybe Obama is a closet machinist. We don't wear rings or watches either, at least the ones who want to keep all their appendages don't! :laugh:

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if he's a muslim or not, but of one thing I am certain...he is a muslim sympathizer .

I am also fairly certain, based on his words and actions that he is not a Christian.

:confused:Perhaps he is having difficulty shaking off his childhood islamic training. Perhaps he doesn't want to...

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause: Well Said!

19. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH NO! I MUST BE A MUSLIM!

I don't wear a ring or watch!
    (and I can't seem to find my original birth certificate either)

Ya think I might be a lost relative of the POTUS
    Rob

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be, since TSA probally never checks you as you go thru security