1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obamacare and Death With Dignity

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

New York Times, a Marxist rag, a great source LB.:laugh:
    No doubt divinely given!:laugh:
    Engraved on tablets of stone.:laugh:
    Written by the moving finger of Marx himself.:laugh:

2. OldRegular

CBT you do not tell the truth.

In Post #3 you introduced the issue of machines for life support, saying:
    In post #21 you again introduced the issue of machines saying:
    In post #33 you again introduced the issue of machines saying:
    I responded to the above accusations in Post#40 saying:
    In Post#40 I also responded to a series of comments that you made in Post#33. Some of the responses were apparently beyond your ability to comprehend so you have continued your endless diatribe.

I will say again that you do not tell the truth.
    ==================================================
    Addendum! Addendum! Addendum! Addendum! Addendum!
    ==================================================
    And furthermore CTB only you mentioned machines as life support.

#82 OldRegular, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  3. OldRegular

How are Republicans preventing open discussion? They are rarely, if ever, allowed to speak in Congress.

4. OldRegular

Exodus 20:13 NKJV You shall not murder.
    Deuteronomy 5:17 NKJV You shall not murder.
    Matthew 5:21 NKJV You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’

If you don't believe that the slaughter of the unborn is murder LeBuick then you don't belong on this Forum.

Then why are the democrats refusing to allow an amendment that specifically prohibits taxpayer funding of abortions? I will tell you why, They all, but about 20, believe that it is okay to slaughter the unborn including Obama. What about you LeBuick?

Also both lawyers and doctors who have read the hodgepodge of bills say that it will fund abortions and ration medical care. If you would get your news from other than Marxist sources you might learn something LeBuick.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

First of all...this poll was by the New York Times....remember "plagiarism-gate?" Their credibility isn't exactly stellar right now.

I've had too many "phone polls" at my house (which, by the way, the ones that agenda-push, I give as bad an answer as possible just to mess them up) to know that some of these polls are garbage.

Secondly...I've said this before, repeatedly: Why is it that an alternative must be offered? If I am against Government Healthcare...why should I be expected to offer an alternative to Obama's plan? I don't want the government doing healthcare. So....my offering an "alternative" plan that involves government healthcare...well, that's just intellectual dishonesty.

I have enumerated many, many reasons I'm against this horrible legislation:
    • The bill will bankrupt our country.
    • It puts the incompetent souls that gave us the IRS, Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital, FEMA, Barney Frank, Larry Craig, your local DMV, etc., in charge of some of the most important and life-altering decisions we'll ever face.
    • It makes medical personnel government employees.
    • It legislates out of existence the option of private insurance (oh, sure, you can KEEP it...but you can never change private insurers).
    • It will pay for abortions.
    • It will ultimately set up "the lifestyle police," since the premise is, "well since I'm paying for your care, I can tell you how to live." We're already there to a small degree...it will ratchet up big-time.
    • So far, Obama has lied at every instance about the cost.
    • In order to pay for this, a draconian tax must be leveed...and the CBO can't even really tell us if that's enough. (remember, folks: poor people don't give folks jobs)
    • It is anti-freedom. What right does the government have to fine someone for not having health insurance? Why not just say to everyone, "OK, no insurance....we won't take care of you."
    • It will put government bureaucrats in charge of our decision-making with regards to personal healthcare decisions. And yes...they are worse than corporate ones. At least corporate ones can be fired, and their profit motive can be leveraged. (Yes, there are abuses. We know). But do you know how hard it is to fire a government worker? Particularly if they are overweight, left-handed, gay, Eskimo, dyslexic, or any other "protected class."
    I could go on all day...but that gets the point across. Suffice it to say...I feel no need to support an anti-liberty bill that replaces another anti-liberty bill.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh, PLEASE don't tell me you're going with "there's no Biblical objection to it." God help you for that terrible line of thought. The Lord rebuke you for justifying such a awful thing. Your rationalizating away of killing children is disturbing, evil, and is an affront to a holy God. You seriously need to reconsider.

Look, this ain't rocket science. At every turn, Obama has provided funds to kill children. Why would he not do it here? Don't be obtuse.

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

May God have mercy on you...

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Amen....................

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Unfair rebuttal since I am not allowed to state or defend my views on when life begins. However, if Ex 20:13 is a mandate to be pro-life, why be selectively pro-life? Why not be pro every life and not just the unborn? Why not be as outraged for the doctor who was killed as you are for the unborn you say he killed? I don't see a license to differentiate in that verse so where did the selective pro-life come from?

We had people here who thought he murder was a good thing?

10. OldRegular

Surely you are not that dense. There is a world of difference between the deliberate killing of the innocent [called murder] and the killing of the guilty.

And life begins at conception regardless of your opinion.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And it is your function to determine who is guilty, right? I thought we had a righteous judge...

Not according to the Bible but you are entitled to your views.

Hint... Breath of Life... Self explanatory.

12. alatide

alatide New Member

My churches have always supported the poor and needy as well. I just don't believe they are doing enough to replace the care the government provides out of our tax money.

13. alatide

alatide New Member

No. So why rely on them to keep a person alive but unconscious?

14. alatide

alatide New Member

Life isn't fair but our government can be fair in its treatment of the poor and needy.

15. OldRegular

We do and if you will examine Scripture you will find that the penalty for murder of the innocent was far different than for murder of the guilty.

I don't have to hint. Scripture tells the story.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God is talking about Jeremiah but this Scripture is applicable to all as far as God's remarks concerning life.

16. alatide

alatide New Member

Exactly what have the Republicans done about abortion? (All Republican presidents since Roe vs. Wade?)

17. targus

targus New Member

Do you believe that a machine could keep a person alive if God did not will it?

Evidently you do believe that machines to be soverign over God - your protests not withstanding.

18. OldRegular

You tell me why. I have never advocated on this Forum using machines for life support. You are simply propagating the lie of crabtownboy.

19. OldRegular

You are intimately familiar with all the crap that Freedon, JustChristian, and BaptistBeliever spewed. Coincidence?

But just in case:

1. Who twice vetoed the Ban on Partial Birth Abortion? Clinton, a democrat.

2. Who signed the Ban on Partial Birth Abortion? Bush, a Republican.

3. Who has promised to sign the bill restoring the Partial Birth Abortion procedure? Obama, a Marxist/democrat.

20. alatide

alatide New Member

Actually I would repeat what I said before in answer to your question.

No. So why rely on them to keep a person alive but unconscious?

However, this question is far broader than the current discussion. Since God is sovereign over everything why do anything to prevent or cure sickness? In fact, why do anything? God will provide. I don't accept this and I doubt anyone else does. I believe that god intervenes in the world but He also expects us to do our part using our free will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.