1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obamacare Rattles and Angers Supporters!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, May 25, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You read that correctly....according to the following article by AP writer Sam Hananel, Some labor unions that enthusiastically backed President Barack Obama's health care overhaul are now frustrated and angry, fearful that it will jeopardize benefits for millions of their members.

Union leaders warn that unless the problem is fixed, there could be consequences for Democrats facing re-election next year.

It makes an untruth out of what the president said — that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."

When Obama first started touting his lofty health care agenda, the one thing I questioned way back then was the promise that "workers could keep their healthcare insurance if they wanted to!" I always said that due to costs, most workers would be prohibited from maintaining their old insurance, and even I am seeing that come to be as my HMO continues to raise the monthly charge, co-pays, and in turn they are reducing the drugs available on the formulary, forcing us to purchase OTC drugs [those were once prescription strength drugs for allergies, stomach acid problems, etc.], or goes without. The cost to supplement OTC medicine for Rx's is one more out-of-pocket cost that is hurting me. Instead of paying, for example, $30.00 for a 90-day supply, I have to buy an OTC drug that costs $19.95, and it lasts 30 days.

Another problem is, new Medicare policy is cutting 90-day supplies to 30-day supplies. This means we still pay $30.00 for a co-pay, but instead of $30.00 every 90 days, it is now $30.00, every 30 days, and that triples the cost of this Rx.

The changes are going to drive me straight into the open arms of Obamacare. And the plan will be much less care than what I have been used to receiving. FOR SURE, THIS IS THE KIND OF CHANGE I CAN LIVE WITHOUT. :tear:

SEE Entire Article - http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_23319822/some-unions-now-angry-about-health-care-overhaul

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may at the least neutralize the union vote in the next elections. At best, it may even cause the Republicans to pick up a slim majority of the UV.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tend to smile every time I hear one of the liberals (groups) that pushed for Obama Care claim that no one could have predicted these things... when a lot of people were screaming at the top of their lungs that this was exactly what was going to happen.

It is the law of the land. The chance of repeal is 0% until 2017.