1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's "Brown-Shirts"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Aug 7, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did you watch the clip? I don't know what happened before the camera rolled but the guy who was accused of doing the beating was the one on the ground. It also appears to be a white guy who threw the victim down but he popped back up in less than 2 seconds. He didn't appear to be that beat up to me when he was flagging down the cops and talking to the camera.

It was surprising to hear the party advocating TORT reform sent this guy to the emergency room and got him a lawyer. That clip will do more to hurt his case than help. They guy on the ground stands a better chance of winning based on the clip.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I find it humorous, when facts are presented, the response from those of you who want this garbage is, "Nope, you're wrong."

I've read for myself the proposals as to private insurance being unavailable if anything changes in the plan. It's been shown on here. And ignored. Repeatedly.

Why bother showing you facts? You ignore them, because it's not possible for Democrats to do anything wrong on this issue.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You should be on TV LB! Your talents are being wasted on this Forum!:laugh::laugh:

4. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Your comparison of the actions to the crucifixion of Christ is repulsive. I do not think those being protested against and their political beliefs are pure and spotless. For you to make such a comparison is without excuse and should be condemned by all who read it. Your inclusion of the silly thumbs up smiley does not mitigate the hatefulness of the comment.

You say that the AFP is "admittedly a corporate sponsored "grassroots" organization who is committed to stopping the government take over of health care (on their site).". I visited their site and so no such admission. They also are fighting against other government idiocies. They do have men and women who have corporate experience, I guess in your eyes that makes them EVIL, especially since they want to stop "the government takeover of health care". By the way, I am pleased that you admit that the government is trying to take over health care. Of course since liberals believe the 1st amendment protects only THEIR rights of free speech, I can understand your viewpoint.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You got me puzzled, what true and actual fact did I blow off?

Can you post the actual portion of the bill or point me to the section. I would love to read it also.

Not in this case, the Democrats do have some things wrong ut the fear mongering the right i using isn't it.

IMO, they are deciding what to do with the illegal immigrants. Presently Medicare picks up the tab but that money will be shifted into the public option. What are we going to do about them? The right is afraid they will be added into the legislation. IMO, they need to be added to the legislation because they will be an unfunded expense (administrative cost) on the hospitals if we don't account for them so will all be paying for them by default. If we include them in the bill we can say how and how much we're willing to pay.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Thanks OR... I think...

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You are offended because of something you added to the post instead of anything I said or implied. No where did I say or imply the democrats political beliefs are "pure and spotless". My analogy was simply that, an analogy and had no hidden agenda.

But if I offended anyone then I sincerely apologize.

Thanks for calling me on this, I apologize, I thought I saw that when I was on their site. However, I did see the president for AFP, Tim Phillips interviewed on one of the talk shows and he said very boisterously that they bus people in for the town hall meetings and they are funded by the Coke Industry Foundation which is the largest privately held oil company in the country. If I recall, he said he would invite more corporations to donate funding.

My point is how can you be grassroots movement when your efforts are funded by corporations? That isn't grassroots, that is a group which represents corporate interest.

You are correct, they have a lot of funding and is fighting hard against cap and trade.

An organization is not grassroots when they are run by political operatives and are financed by big business. That is called corporate sponsored opposition and should not be confused with a true uprising from the community.

Likewise, I don't call the unions a grassroots movement like the left sometimes make like they are.

I don't recall saying this but I will state my feelings, I would like a single payer system so I don't think the government is going far enough. Those are my feelings and not what is in any of the proposals.

As for free speech, I am all for it. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Others should be given a chance to exercise their first amendment rights also.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His entire post is nothing more than regurgitated garbage from Media Matters found here. They have even less credibility than WND. But much of what he spues here is from them on a regular basis.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It wasn't where I got it but it would have saved me a lot of work if I knew about it. You can't turn on the TV or go to a news site without seeing some reporter finding another corporate sponsor of these "spontaneous protest". One of our local channels has devoted a section of the news to this subject.

I have no doubt Rev that average citizens like yourself and others here are sincere with your opposition but the insurance industry is clearly throwing fuel on top of that fire which falsely intensifies the "grassroots" flame.

Tell them to stop throwing the gas on the flames so we can see what true opposition there is!!!

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Translation: quit speaking out so we can get this steaming pile of fascism passed.

Admit it, LeBuick: whatever opposition there is, you're going to discount anyway...

11. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

You said it much more clearly than I did. Free Speech is for the Obamaites. The rest of us "Shut up and move to the back of the bus."

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, the opposition doesn't matter to me and I don't say that to be callused but you asked. I do think your feelings matter but let me explain.

As far as I am concerned, we had this battle during the last election. Obama ran on a platform of giving us the public option and we not only gave him the WH but we gave him a super majority in congress to move his agenda. Now the ball is in their court.

This is why you won't see me or most democrats at a town hall meeting. Who needs the hassle, we did our fighting and won.

Now here is how it plays out, if we get our public option then they will get our votes again. If they sell us out then we'll see new leadership come 2012. It's that simple to me.

Now don't take my words personal because in my view the fight is between the tired public and the insurance giants. It is time to put the breaks on their crap and the public option will do just that. They are investing more than a $Million a day to stop this agenda. They've bought politicians like the blue dogs and assembled tons of "grassroots" organizations to lead their fight.

You guys who are just fighting for free enterprise and less government are just pawns to the insurance companies. They are using your passion for those principles to fight a fight they can't publicly fight.

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Like I said in an earlier thread. It's not the governments money that I make. It's not your money that I make. And it's neither one of your right to tell me how or what I should spend it on.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Like I said, I do understand and respect your position and feelings. :thumbsup:

As for my comment about the Blue dogs, I don't have proof but why would they buck the party and stop the bill from passing?

Also, I didn't say you support the insurance company, I said they are using your passion for personal liberties. If they pour gas on the flames of your passion you will fight their battles from a grassroots position and their hands stay clean.

How, through organization like patients first. They fund patients first who will not only teach you how to protest, give you a script and will send a bus to pick you up and take you to the meetings. Now I'm not speaking about you specifically rode on their bus but this is what they are doing with some of the passionate right.

http://joinpatientsfirst.com/bus-tour

15. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

How to protest? OK, that could be useful if you're dealing with idiots who don't know that they are getting screwed in the first place. But unlike the present administration, I have a lot more faith in the people here in the U.S.A. who work to make a living to make their own decisions.

By the way, if you haven't figured it out by now from my posts, I really don't care if it's the right, left, center, moderate, middle, center-left, middle-right or whatever......my position is still the same. My business, my job, my money, my land, my house, my family and none of it is yours, the governments, or anyone elses.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow. So LeBuick thinks we should "shut up because we lost."

Now THAT'S America.... :rolleyes:

Horrid.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

*sigh*

Why do I have to repeatedly keep posting this? Are you people having difficulty with memory?

SOURCE

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Let me summarize:

• "Your freedoms of speech aren't important. You lost, and therefore your voice doesn't matter.
    • "I'm not willing to consider any of the points you raise. Since you are conservative, you have been bought by other interests and are not capable of speaking your own mind.
    • "I elected these leaders, and they shouldn't be questioned, because I elected them. I implicitly trust everything they do for me. They know best.
    • "You people aren't really for freedom and personal responsibility. You want the insurance companies to mess us over.
    • "You are not good Americans. 'We' are."
    Your comments are anti-American and disgusting. Your attitude reminds me of Ahmedinijad in Iran. "I won, you lost. Shut up and obey."