1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's foxnews interview

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to that, too. I am tired of this Republican administration and its trashing of our civil liberties and its trashing of America's good name in the world.

#21 KenH, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I don't understand why there is so much hatred toward Obama, who is a Christian. The Bible says we are to love our Christian brothers, even if we disagree with them. I know I don't hate McCain even though I will not vote for him.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dragonfly,

Some right-wing Christians have elevated their political beliefs to basically the same level as religious beliefs. Therefore, if someone does not agree with them politically they consider that to be as bad as someone being an infidel when it comes to adhering to Christianity.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I can't speak to hatred, but I have seen no evidence from Obama that he is a Christian in the biblical sense of the term. I think he is a cultural Christian, to be sure. But that is not the same as being a true Christian.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ken, I believe Democrats and Independents are guilty of elevating their political beliefs to what's tantamount to a religious orthodoxy test. The Right has no exclusive claim to this.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "trashing of America's good name"???

You did watch Obama's fellowhip whooping and cheering at Wright's trashing of America, right? This is Obama's chosen place of worship, not sure what they are worshipping there.

God bless! :thumbs:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The timing of this release was really strange. Isn't it 6 weeks until the next primary? This means it'll be 6 weeks before we really know the true impact. So either Obama will self-destruct over the next 6 weeks or he'll repair most of the damage.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From your POV you see our discussing Obama's character as "hateful".

Nobody here hates anybody. I have persistantly pointed out Romney's sins just as much as I have Obama's sins. This is a Christian debate forum and I have been consistantly telling those here to compare a man's speech and a man's actions to the word of God.

Obama is pro-murder. This goes against God's word and he should be rejected outright for this. Romney was a nonbeliever and this goes against God's word to yoke up with unbelievers.

Everything needs to be brought to the light of God's word. This preacher, Wright, demonstrates the works of darkness in his church. I have SEEN nothing in his actions that would allow me to conclude he is a Christian just because he says so.

Show me thy faith without thy works and I will show thee my faith by my works.

Supporting abortion is having something to do with the unfruitful works of darkness , this God forbids. So for a Christian, Obama should be an automatic no no, even if he seems perfect in all other areas.

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems odd to me that this stuff, openly available for anyone to purchase and view, would not have come forth months ago. I think if it was reported months ago Hillary would be WAY out front right now. Puzzles me as to why the Clinton machine did not have this exposed a long time ago.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My father is a life long democrat. He is 75. He has always been one of those who can go either way. He has voted for Republicans as much as Democrats. For him it is more who stirs him up in a good way the most. He does not like Hillary at all and has been leaning hard towards Obama. I spoke with him yesterday about this new information, he heard it all on the news, and he basically said Obama is now looking really bad to him and he is probaly left with McCain even though McCain does not make him leap for joy.

McCain doesn't make me leap for joy either, but look at the alternatives!

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering Senator McCain's willingness to go to war at the drop of the hat I don't see how a Christian can vote for him. I am not saying that voting for him means that one is not a Christian, just that I find voting for Senator McCain to go against the nature of the gospel of Christ Jesus.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't vote for Pastor Wright for president, either, steaver. However, he is not on the ballot the last time I checked.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't say that for 100%, unfortunately.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he is not. Silly statements like this is why social conservatives cannot make political headway with the average American voter.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure what scripture you are refering to here Ken. Could you give some refference?

I always provided scripture to back up my pro-murder (abortion) rhetoric.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ken, you know that there is not any American candidate ever who has been eagar to go to war.

Do you reject all war Ken? You do know Obama said he would strike Pakistan if he had to.

God Bless!

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Show me thy faith without thy works and I will show thee my faith by my works.

Obama works to keep abortion (this is the killing of children in their mother's womb) on demand. That is pro-murder! Obama's faith works to keep abortion on demand.

God Bless! :praying:

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you believe he's a christian...I've got some tropical land for sale here in Ohio...

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

War is not a sin...abortion and homosexuality are. Get your priorities in order.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If he's pro choice...he's pro murder. You can twist that any liberalistic way you want to, but facts are facts.